Sales & Associate Advisor
This is a part time to full time position. The right candidate will transition from a part time sales position into more of a full time associate advisor role over the course of the year. The position is conditional on proof of a realistic sales plan and solid pre-sales. Salary is tied to performance, maintaining client relationships, and bonuses. Ideal candidates should be able to achieve six figure compensation within 3 years.
There is an exceptional opportunity for growth and compensation for the right candidate who should be able to earn above average earnings for this role. There is potential for advancement for those who wish to be an advisor or want to focus on portfolio management or insurance in the future.
The hiring advisor specializes in portfolio management, holistic planning, generational wealth planning, and high net worth planning. Over a 15+ year tenure, the advisor has made consistent calls in capturing opportunities in the market while protecting client’s from volatility. Most clients have outperformed benchmarks over the long term by combining and rotating between different strategies and using alternative fixed income strategies. Clients have outperformed benchmarks and traditional indexes even without tactical allocations.
According to Morningstar data, the advisor’s 60/40 model would be the #1 “balanced fund” in Canada over a 10 year period if it were a publicly available fund. Most of the higher return balanced funds in that category are closer to 70/30 to 80/20 portfolios which emphasizes the strengths of owning a multi strategy actively managed portfolio by combining a variety of funds & ETFs. See samples of the advisor’s model portfolios here: https://ivory-jaclyn-10.tiiny.site/
The advisor promotes work life balance in various ways:
1) The position is partly remote and office and in some cases traveling to the client's location if there is a time constraint or mobility issues.
2) There is a standard expectation of being at the office during client meetings. The two offices are located in Sea island way in Richmond and Metrotower 2 in Burnaby. If there are no client meetings then there generally isn’t an expectation to come to the office.
3) 3 weeks of vacation after obtaining a full time contract, plus 1 day added day each year up to 4 weeks on your 6th year
4) Flexibility in shift schedule and breaks
- Developing a sales plan with the advisor
- Executing the sales plan
- Identifying prospecting opportunities outside of the initial sales plan
- Assisting in the onboarding process
Associate advisor responsibilities are generally these duties but are not limited to:
- Maintaining client relationships
- Process administrative requests such as:Opening accounts, initiating PACs/AWDs, add banking, updating KYC/IQ information, processing transfers
- Respond and act on client inquiries
- Provide advisor with client reporting
- Prepare documents for client meetings
- Create and get advisor approval on investment recommendations
- Deliver and act on investment recommendations
- Resolve compliance inquiries
- Update financial plan and related information and documents that are unique to the client
- Meet with clients and zoom for quarterly and annual meetings
Candidate must haves:
- Charismatic, trustworthy, personable, and confident
- Enjoys working with people and genuinely wants to help provide solutions
- Detail focused while maintaining a high pace environment
- Comfortable with technology
- A passion for the financial planning industry
- Entrepreneurial and performance driven
- A large network localized in BC and a resident of the GVA area
Skills & Qualifications:
- CSC or CICF; must obtain within 6 months
- Proactive and able to work and learn independently
- Able to work as an effective team player
- Natural ability to learn, read, write, and speak in English
- Strong proficiency in MS word, excel, and outlook
- Great interpersonal skills and memory when it comes to client’s personal life
Nice to have:
- Other industry related education, designations, or certifications
- Desire to earn more designations in the future
- Experience in salesforce or other CRMs
- Relevant sales or industry experience
- Any second language
- Insurance licensed
The people you care about will benefit greatly when you partner with an advisor who is experienced in providing highly advanced strategies. The difference between a good advisor and a great one isn’t life or death - but makes the difference in retiring earlier with more money and income while paying less taxes and fees throughout their lifetime.
Please provide a short cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect fit for this role along with your resume. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Richmond, BC V7B 1C3