Want to come work for a growing company where everyone knows each other and you aren't just a number? Comes with a health benefits plan, life insurance, and an opportunity to grow!
We are looking for motivated individuals that want to grow with us!
Reporting to the Weld Shop Manager, the Weld Shop Foreman position will perform duties in the weld shop related to all elements of weld production. Duties primarily involve: leading 1-3x employees, organizing/planning everyone's work for the day, welding, ensuring everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level, but also includes operating an overhead crane, basic hand tools, and operating metal fabrication equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading your team - by example, by encouragement, by supporting them.
- Perform mig welding operations.
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools. ie Drills, Disc Grinders, Metal Cutting saws, Cutting Torches, Drills, Material Handling Equipment, Grinders, etc.
- Supporting the quality and safety programs by ensuring safety of self and others and maintaining cleanliness of the facility at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Willingness to lead others.
- Willingness and ability to grow as a leader (we will support you!)
- A minimum 2 years of welding experience.
- Ability to interpret shop drawings with basic knowledge of structural steel shapes, sizes, and grades
- Availability to occasionally work overtime, punctuality and strong work ethic are required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- SA Certified Steel Toed Boots
- Suitable attire for a shop environment. (coveralls and all other PPE required gear is provided by employer).
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$33.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have reliable transportation to get to work everyday?
- Are you willing to work hard to get the chance to move up within the company?
- Are you willing to become a better leader by reading books, taking courses, and working alongside our other leaders? We will support and encourage you along the way!
- welding: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person