Beyond Energy is looking for a junior Back-End developer to join our growing team in our Calgary Office. If you are detail oriented and a good team player, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you will work closely with the engineering team and the field staff to service and debug the software, you will also work closely with the front – end developer, managers, and stakeholders to ensure seamless functionality and a Steller user experience.
Beyond Energy Services & Technology Corp. is a private Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with operational bases in Red Deer and Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and Anchorage Alaska, Odessa and Spring Texas, USA.
Our Mission: To provide sustainable, innovative and best-in-class MPD solutions to our customers.
Our Values: Respect, Safety, Inclusion, Teamwork and Accountability.
Why Beyond? We prioritize empowering our workforce to collaborate and grow both personally and professionally.
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and values, meet the team, and see why you should choose Beyond: www.beyondmpd.com
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years experience as a Back-End developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Familiarity with Git and Mongo.
- Proficiency in back-end programming languages, such as Python/C++/Typescript
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Will be maintaining our backend infrastructure, consisting of C++, Python and Typescript.
- Collaborate with front end developers to integrate user -facing elements with server - side logic.
- Implement security and data protection measures to safeguard sensitive information.
- Contribute to the design of new features and projects.
- Maintain documentation of code, development processes and best practice to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Keep abreast of emerging front-end technologies, trends, and best practices to continuously improve your skills and contribute to the team’s growth.
Beyond Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in this position but aren’t sure if you hold all qualifications, we encourage you to apply regardless. Our focus during the recruitment process is to attract and hire applicants who fit our company culture, who have a strong work ethic, determination, and curiosity to learn and commitment to grow with us. We believe strongly internal training and development and want to work with you to develop the skills you need to succeed!
We would like to thank all those that apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person