The Snore Shop Atlantic is part of Canada’s largest independently owned obstructive sleep apnea treatment group, that delivers a patient-centric health care experience through our clinic operations across the Maritimes. We have patients, not customers; clinics, not stores; and an unwavering commitment to improve the lives of everyone who allows us the privilege of participating in their health care. Built on a model of continuing care, we believe that if we do right by a patient, we will create a lifetime relationship. If you aspire to change the lives of those we serve, then we may have a wonderful opportunity for you.
We are currently seeking a Clinic Support Specialist to join our team in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Clinic Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to fill in for planned and unplanned Clinician and Patient Care Coordinator absences within the HRM. When not providing coverage for a colleague, the Clinic Support Specialist will support the Clinic Manager with day-to-day operations of the clinic assisting both the clinical and administration teams. If you enjoy providing exceptional patient care to those suffering from the health effects of sleep apnea and being the “go to” person to help resolve day to day issues that may arise at the clinic level this may be the role for you!
Key Accountabilities include:
- As a Clinician you will develop and implement treatment plans for patients suffering from snoring and sleep apnea which includes patient education and ongoing assessment and evaluation of patient progress to ensure optimal patient care.
- Travel to multiple clinics within the HRM. Virtual patient care may also be required.
- Support the Clinic Manager by responding to the day-to-day inquiries of the area clinical and admin team.
- Ability to respond to short notice requests to fill in for planned and unplanned absences within various clinics across HRM.
- Ensuring that the delivery of care within our clinics is consistent with company values and philosophies.
- Ensuring that operations are conducted in compliance with company policies and procedures as well as industry regulations.
- Identifying areas of improvement to company operations or model of care.
Qualifications and requirements:
- RRT, RN, or LPN designation required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; must be an effective team player.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and work under patient caseload time limitations.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable method of transportation.
- Experience with CRM platform SalesForce would be considered an asset.
- Comfortable taking vacation during the off season to cover planned time off requests.
- Previous CPAP sales experience is considered an asset.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, videoconferencing)
- Experience with virtual care an asset; must be willing to integrate virtual care into practice.
Dedicated to representing the communities in which we live and work, we embrace diversity throughout our organization and encourage members of equity groups to self identify during the application process. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary expectations for this position?
- We require all team members to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Are you able to provide proof of vaccination?
- respiratory: 1 year (preferred)
- administrative: 1 year (preferred)
- RT, RPSGT, RN, or LPN designation (required)
Work Location: In person