JOB TITLE: SALES COORDINATOR / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing / Executive Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Dot line reports to: Managing Director
This position is coordinator, supporting the sales, marketing, and events team. This role also provides professional administrative support to the Managing Director. The role accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the mission and vision of the company.
· Overseeing all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
· Prepare amenity cards for upcoming clients and guests.
· Monitor and distribute emails that are sent to the hotel’s generic email address
· Assist with any administrative tasks in Salesforce; account entry, booking entry, merge proposals, merge contracts, proforma invoice and month-end reports, as well as qualify incoming leads and entry into system
· Assist Sales Managers to prepare for sales trips or site inspections
· Assist with any administrative paperwork; such as, but not limited to, special request forms, accounting paperwork and invoices, business card order, supplies order, rooming list, reservation entry, reservation notes and comment entry
· Participate and attend sales functions or events
· Keeping the Managing Director’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings
· Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
· Maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
· All other duties as required.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research and create reports or presentations
- Ability to learn quickly and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Basic computer and office equipment skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience: Minimum two years’ operational or administrative experience for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel/resort.
- Education: Ideally, Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business, Sales, Marketing, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy; prioritize, organize, and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain the confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of Opera and Salesforce CRM Systems are considered an asset. Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information to establish rapport and/or influence and gain an understanding of others; knowledge of hotel/resort operations management to include quality and operations; knowledge of and experience with luxury/ultra-luxury market niche required; demonstrated knowledge of hospitality systems and software; understanding of hospitality industry trends, performance metrics, and verbiage.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 25 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6C 1P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person