Tesla Toronto Automation is looking for an experienced Machinist or Tool & Die professional to lead the maintenance team at our Richmond Hill, Ontario location. This is a hands-on supervisory role working closely with the Machine shop team.
- Provide effective supervision, training and coaching to assigned maintenance employees to achieve the required equipment up time, equipment repairs, and production goals. Maintain department records and inventories.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures and engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety regulations and the plant's safety program.
- Work with employees to resolve technical and machine problems. Schedule preventive maintenance to effectively meet production needs.
- Provide the shift-to-shift communication link in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals. Communicate to employees all issues that affect the plant.
- Maintain ongoing preventive maintenance program to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Oversee equipment upgrades and refurbishment projects, effectively coordinating with vendor support.
- Ensure accurate spare parts inventory and on-site availability to support equipment repairs and upgrades
- Perform Performance reviews for employees assigned to you
- Certificate of Qualification in General Machinist or Tool & die
- Engineering or related disciplines or equivalent preferred. Equivalent background considered. Equivalent background would involve a minimum of five years in manufacturing (CNC Machining & Toolmaking preferred) and machine operations experience with progressive responsibility.
- 7+ years or more of industrial machining, Toolmaking supervisory or similar leadership experience preferred.
- CNC Machining Equipment experience highly preferred, high-volume manufacturing also highly preferred
- Strong preventive maintenance development experience, familiarity with reliability centered maintenance principles preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality / quantity
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work & communicate with multiple Supervisors in different depts to achieve goals
- Able to work a night schedule, including weekday and weekend overtime.
- Good computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office a must.
- Familiarity with CMMS preferred.
- Hydraulics/Pneumatics troubleshooting using prints
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for many medical, dental, vision, and supplemental benefits at day 1 of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,000.00-$92,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person