Who we are
Rotaflow design builds, retrofits, and maintains Industrial fire Protection systems & utilities across Western Canada. We are committed to achieving our audacious but rewarding mission of protecting lives and assets of our clients and of our own. Rotaflow prides itself in having a safe, innovative, cooperative, & dynamic work culture where teammates from diverse professional, and cultural backgrounds come together to create a unique organization. For over 26 years we have worked with some of the world’s leading energy companies, providing our expertise in fire protection.
As we continue with our aggressive growth strategy, we are seeking a highly skilled CFAA Technician and/or Journeyman Electrician willing to get his CFAA credentials within 6 months of start date. Reporting to the Site Manager and his designate at our Suncor Firebag location.
Position is Fly in/Fly out from Calgary or Edmonton. Or Bus in/out from Fort McMurray.
Flights are covered by the client from 2 hub cities (Calgary or Edmonton). Employee would be responsible for flights to the hub city if they do not live local to Fort McMurray, Calgary, or Edmonton.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this position may include, but not limited to:
- Perform inspections on fire alarm systems, emergency lighting units including repairs and documenting deficiencies, according to CAN ULC 536 and Alberta Fire Code
- Enter notifications in SAP
- Complete reports using building reports
- Participate in Rotaflow safety culture. Follow procedures and JHA’s.
- Closely work with other team members, contractors, and client
- Be the face of Rotaflow for our customers.
What we are looking for
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CFAA certification or Journeyman Electrician, with or willingness to complete CFAA within 6 months of employment.
- Industrial Electrical-oil sand experience
- Versed in navigating CEC, NFPA, CAN/ILC, Alberta Building Code and Alberta Fire Code
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams, and service manuals.
- Experience working and executing maintenance in a live facility.
- WHMIS 2015, Wildlife Awareness Advanced, High Voltage Sub-Safety Orientation, ESTS or Electrical Worker Safety Awareness, 4x Altair Multi-gas Detector, Isolation & Lockouts, Permits
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
What is in it for you?
- Camp Accommodation
- 14/14 Work Schedule
- Comprehensive benefits plan & employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Supportive continuous improvement opportunities
- RRSP Marching Program
Rotaflow embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive & diverse team representing all backgrounds as we believe diversity drives innovation. Please visit our website to learn more about our company at www.rotaflow.ca (http://www.rotaflow.ca)
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager to find the best candidate that meets the needs of this position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.