VP, IT Banking
This position is generally responsible for the development, maintenance, modification, installation and support of BCU Financial’s applications and banking systems. The Application Support Engineer will effectively deploy and manage applications to promote the reliability and integrity of functional processes which support and comply with business objectives of a 24/7 banking application. The effective management of infrastructure and facilitation of system administration requires working with teams to develop, maintain and also identify and repair issues on an as- needed basis.
- Identifies, implements, and supports robust & effective applications that continuously provide value to business units and their processes.
- Designs, develops, and documents data pipelines and integrations between applications and data sources.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the automated processing on internal systems to ensure we are processing 24/7.
- Collaborates and communicates with project stakeholders to identify project requirements.
- Maintains and analyzes data from numerous enterprise IT applications and platforms, and provide KPIs and actionable recommendations as required.
- Uphold application security best practices including version control.
- Adhere to SDLC procedures and maintain DEV, SIT, UAT, and Production environments.
- Participates & contributes to cross-functional projects and team collaboration.
- Identifies solutions to continuously improve systems performance and remediate issues.
- Develops and maintains systems-related technical documentation to facilitate implementation, ongoing application support, and internal cross training.
- Actively conducts knowledge transfers of application systems and procedures to team members and business stakeholders.
- Performs day-to-day operational activities and provide technical support to service desk team where necessary.
- Supports building and maintains tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Follows Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma/degree.
- Strong analytical skills and customer service abilities to effectively think and adapt quickly to solve problems and meet business objectives.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively on technical and business issues with the team and department leaders.
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts, deployment, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Must be able to independently research, learn and adapt continuously and on the fly.
- 3+ years of SQL scripting experience with relational DBs.
- 2+ years of systems integration experience (SQL queries, APIs, etc.).
- 2+ years of working with SDLC environments with source control (TFS and Azure DevOps preferred).
- 2+ years of application host support experience with strong Windows batch and Power Shell experience.
- 2+ years of scheduling software experience (Task Manager, SQL Agent, Vinsant GECS)
- Experience administering systems monitoring software preferred.
- Cloud development or administration experience preferred (specifically using Azure).
- Programming experience is an asset.
- BI reporting design experience is an asset.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. BCU Financial also offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
BCU Financial is a member-owned, financial cooperative dedicated to improving the lives of members and their community. BCU Financial is a part of BCU Financial Group – a fast-growing Ontario-based financial group providing Canadians with diversified services and products. BCU Financial Group offers its members a real alternative to high-fee, big-name banking by providing no-fee chequing accounts, competitive savings accounts, loans, mortgages, cards, investment services, online banking, and insurance services. BCU
Financial, together with its BCU Wealth Management division, currently oversees $1 billion in assets.
BCU Financial Group also recognizes the importance of building a strong community. That’s why it provides generous sponsorship funding annually to a wide array of community-based projects and activities. The Credit Union and its member-supported charitable institution, BCU Foundation, provide sponsorship funding of over $1 million annually for community organizations, charity fundraisers, student scholarships, cultural events, and educational projects.
BCU Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. BCU Financial Group provides accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Requests received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z2
Application deadline: 2023-10-02