Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
Laboratory Analyst - VOC Lab
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment
As a Laboratory Analyst, your responsibilities are:
- Receive and sort a total of 100-200 VOC water and soil samples/day.
- Organize samples in boxes of 72 for storage in the laboratory refrigerators.
- Maintain accurate records of each sample location via data entry into Excel
- Add the extraction surrogate using a calibrated syringe and extract the soil samples received in methanol pre-charged vials within the holding time and transfer the methanol extract in 2mL GC vials to extend the holding time to 40 days.
- Prepare 120-160 samples/day for pre-screen analysis by Headspace GC/MS.
- Spike standards through the headspace vial septum into each sample.
- Perform analysis of water and soil samples using Headspace GC/MS
- Perform calibration and verification of laboratory instrumentation
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) when performing sample preparation and basic testing procedures
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in sample preparation and analysis
- Ensure instrumentation maintained in optimized and calibrated condition.
- Perform MS source cleaning as required. Must be able to apply sufficient pressure during this process to obtain required degree of cleanliness.
- Participate in the ordering and storage of laboratory consumables
- Daily check and record the temperature of the refrigerators and standards freezer
- Ensure samples are pre-screened efficiently within time frame required by analytical personnel
- Reviews LIMS summary reports to plan and organize daily work
- Proactively retrieve wayward samples
- Maintain up to date training documentation in Compliant Pro
You are an ideal Laboratory Analyst if you have [Minimum Requirements]:
- Post-secondary education or technical diploma in chemistry , or the equivalent
- Previous experience working with Headspace analysis and GC/MS will be an asset
- You are computer literate and fully familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills
- Maintain a high level of work production in a fast paced lab environment
- Ability to repeatedly lift 15 lbs
- You must be flexible in working hours (evenings, weekends) during peak periods
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
- purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility … This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust