Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic for our OSB facility located in Edson, AB. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic & a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
This position will be 10 hours a day, Monday to Thursday.
- Support manufacturing by maximizing equipment uptime and provide support for facility equipment and rolling stock (including vehicles, forklifts, and specialized heavy equipment) in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals.
- Work with a team of mechanics, millwrights, and electricians to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical problems and perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment and rolling stock. These repairs include but are not limited to gasoline, propane, and diesel engine repair; hydraulic, electrical, suspension, transmission, brake, and air system repairs; and basic cutting and welding.
- Perform inspections, and diagnosis of facility equipment and rolling stock, by utilizing a variety of devices including an electrical technician diagnosis system.
- Conduct safety checks on facility equipment and rolling stock. Read repair orders and perform necessary tasks to successfully complete the repair of facility equipment and rolling stock.
- Complete required documentation utilizing preventative maintenance software program to track preventative maintenance, repairs, parts usage, and time allocation.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Knowledge and proficiency in gasoline, propane, and diesel mechanics.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical repair of facility equipment and rolling stock, including but not limited to vehicle, forklift, and heavy equipment.
- Must own complete set of hand tools up to an inch and a quarter.
- Qualified and proficient in cutting and welding; basic fabrication skills. Certified welder preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, web-based applications including the internet, and preventative maintenance application.
- Knowledge and experience using computer-based diagnostics systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Knowledge and ability to use Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and OSHA standards.
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; be a team player/leader; good communication skills and demonstrate positive attitude.
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekend.
- Maintain a clean workstation, and exhibit good performance, safety, and attendance records.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values, and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $47.65 per hour
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate (required)
Work Location: In person