Alberni-Clayoquot Continuing Care Society is a legacy Health Care Organization in Port Alberni, BC. We offer a supportive, inclusive and rewarding career at ACCCS. The ACCCS has been serving the local community in Port Alberni for decades with reputation. We are the largest long-term care provider in Port Alberni.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Company perks
- Safe work environment
- Flexible working hours
Our company is seeking a Staff Coordinator to manage our growing staff of professionals. Basic working knowledge of accreditation process, human resource management, facilitation and teaching skills, computer skills. Strong Continuous Quality Assurance skills, ability to plan organize and prioritise. Knowledgeable in Best Practice and Program Management models. Ability to develop and draft policy and procedures. Strong reporting and recording skills.
It is an excluded/non-unionized position.
Staff Care Service
- Collaborates with Directors and Managers to ensure implementation and evaluation of systems to meet the needs of the facilities.
- Awareness and application of Best Practices and provides education for best practice implementation.
- Provides leadership to the multidisciplinary team in the day-to-day operations of resident care and the Nursing Departments for Fir Park Village and Echo Village – assisting the Directors of Care.
- Assists Nurses to coordinate and facilitate daily clinical activities, and effective use of resources. This includes the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of educational activities of the Departments.
- Supervise staff, provide leadership and functions as a role model and coach to assist staff with professional development and achievement of resident care/home’s quality initiatives.
- Contributes to the monitoring and development of clinical activities, and provide leadership for quality and risk management activities.
- Monitors tracks and evaluates educational & safety programs for Staff.
- Keeps informed of current legislation, professional standards and municipal requirements
Quality Improvement and Risk Management
- Participates in facility strategic planning to align the Program and Support teams in response to internal and external environmental changes.
- Ensures policies and procedures are aligned with facility culture, vision mission & values
- Government & Community relations
- Ensures that professional standards are maintained with respective scope of practice
- Partners with stakeholders, colleges universities.
- Participates in regional committees
- Ensures compliance with government and regulatory bodies standards and guidelines.
Resident/Family Safety Accountabilities
- In the interest of the safety of residents and family members, employees while on duty are accountable to carry out all duties assigned within the scope of their job in compliance with applicable legislation, standards and company policy.
- Refrain from any conduct that puts residents and family members at risk.
- Employee Safety
- Providing the lead in education and assistance in the safety and well-being of all employees – working on aspects of cultural awareness, personal support, and mental health of the organization’s staff.
- Bachelor/Masters in Nursing or Social Study
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39.00-$42.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Alberni, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you meet the experience and educational requirements?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Long-term care: 3 years (preferred)
- relevant: 2 years (preferred)
- Adult education/social work: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-12-15