Local Residential Association is seeking applicants for a Program Coordinator position. This is a full-time position that does include some evening hours.
Position Scope: Under the direction of the Executive Director and Program Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient operation of assigned homes in accordance with the philosophies, policies, procedures and standards of the Association. The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, direction and performance reviews to ensure a sound staff team and quality programs for individulas we support.
Applicants should have a University degree with preference given to the Social Science field, or equivalent education, training and experience.
A minimum of five (5) years experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities.
Supervisory experience an asset.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Demonstrates leadership qualities, effective problem solving skills and sound judgement.
Must have strong organization skills and time management skills.
Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision.
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Program
A. RESIDENT CARE:
1. To maintain the primary objective of the Association by promoting and encouraging the personal growth and development of all individuals within the home.
2. To ensure that resident assessments are conducted on a regular basis.
3. To assist in the development of the Individual Program Plans for each resident within the home.
4. To be responsible for the development of behavioral support plans in conjunction with the Program Manager.
5. To ensure that the medical/health needs of each resident are met in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
6. To ensure that residents receive prescribed medications and that these medications are recorded according to established policies and procedures.
7. To ensure that all residents are provided with the opportunity to take part in social/leisure activities of their choice and which provide for participation and integration into the community.
8. To ensure that the procedures are implemented for the recording and storing of all resident/house records according to Association policies and standards.
B. STAFF SUPERVISION:
1. To coordinate the orientation of new staff, live-in support personnel, volunteers, and student placements.
2. To carry out performance appraisals and to monitor staff on an ongoing basis regarding their job performance.
3. To promote Association activities that enhance the Association's purpose.
4. To identify training needs of staff and to assist with the coordination of identified training needs.
5. To prepare staff schedules and to ensure that time sheets are kept and reported to the Office Manager.
6. To schedule regular house meetings within each home.
7. To interview and recommend potential personnel for both residential counselor positions and live-in support positions.
8. To maintain a liaison between staff and the Director and to articulate staff needs and concerns.
9. To ensure that proper records are maintained regarding personnel issues.
C. HEALTH AND SAFETY STANDARDS:
1. To do periodic checks on the home to ensure cleanliness and safety for staff and residents.
2. To ensure that proper meals and adequate nutrition is provided for all persons within the home.
3. To prepare and coordinate the development of an Emergency Measures Operation Plan for the home and to ensure that all persons within the homes are knowledgeable of the EMO implementation procedures.
4. To ensure that regular fire drills and safety inspections take place within the home and to ensure that identified safety concerns are dealt with promptly.
5. To ensure that each home has a Resident Absence Policy in place and all persons within the home are knowledgeable of the identified plan and procedures. Also, to review the existing plan for each home and to make changes as necessary.
6. To ensure that all matters pertaining to the health and safety of the residents and home are documented according to Association policies and standards.
1. To ensure that all properties are kept in good repair.
2. To ensure that all maintenance issues are addressed.
3. To report all major maintenance work projects to the Executive Director for approval.
4. To coordinate the scheduling and completion of maintenance projects between the homes and prospective contractors.
E. PUBLIC RELATIONS:
1. To establish and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with the relatives and advocates of the residents.
2. To establish and maintain a positive relationship between the homes and the surrounding neighborhood; to interpret the philosophies of the home to the community.
3. To be aware of and provide a liaison between the homes and other social agencies and community services.
1. To be responsible for all household expenditures and report them to the Director or Office Manager.
2. To ensure that both comfort money and petty cash are spent according to existing policies and that expenditures are recorded.
3. To inform the Department of Community Services and the Office Manger of any changes affecting residents eligibility for benefits; to monitor such instances that residents financial obligations are met and that proper recording measures are in place.
4. To ensure the exercise of autonomy in all matters.
1. To attend meetings for Program Coordinators with the Director.
2. To participate on sub-committees at the request of the Director and to draft policies and procedures related to staff, residents and programming within the homes.
3. To keep abreast of current trends and issues in the field (i.e. readings, conferences, research material).
4. To promote communication and cooperation between the various homes.
5. To be responsible for ensuring and encouraging a warm, home-like environment for residents.
6. To perform other duties as required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,800.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS B1P 5W5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-03
Expected start date: 2023-10-30