Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Vehicle Management Agency
Fredericton Auto Repair Facility
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
The Vehicle Management Agency's mission is to provide fleet management and vehicle maintenance services to Government, on an economical basis and according to established standards, to enable clients to deliver quality services to the public.
What you will do?
As a Mechanic Supervisor and member of the Vehicle Management Agency, you will work under the direction of the Automotive Shop Superintendent and be responsible for:
Assisting with diagnostics and repairs; provide technical advice
- Supervising - may participate in shop recruitment activities
- Directing and monitoring the repair of assets
- Monitoring shop budget
- Maintaining good public / client relations
- Planning/controlling maintenance and repair schedules
- Ensuring that policies and procedures, acts and regulations are adhered to
Work location: Fredericton
- Work holidays, weekends, shift and/or variable hours
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
- Some travel within the region will be required
Who you are?
Key behavioural competencies:
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
- Human Resources Management
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Possession of Journeyperson's Certificates in the Automotive Service Technician Trade (AST) as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in the mechanical trade
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your résumé.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $31.33 per hour, based on 40 hours per week
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to Dist[email protected] or by mail at the following address by September 25, 2023, indicating competition number 2023-D5V-16. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
1025 College Hill Road
Fredericton NB E3B 4J7
Telephone: (506) 453-2611
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.