We are currently looking an experienced Grading Foreman to join our Grading Crew! Please note that due to travel between worksites, this position requires a driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Why work for Winvan Paving?
- Company longevity
- Commitment to health and safety
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
Our Foremen work as part of a team and perform various duties on different projects in the community.
- Promote, lead and execute a Safety-First culture for all employees, sub-contractors and consultants in compliance with Winvan’s Environmental Health and Safety Program and provincial occupational health and safety legislation
- Coach, mentor and monitor performance of all site hourly employees
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment
- Address unacceptable behaviors directly, professionally and immediately to protect worker safety. Report unacceptable behaviour to the Superintendent/HS&E Coordinator without delay
- Promote crew morale, a team environment, quality and productivity of crew operations.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- Recommending measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Wears appropriate personnel protective equipment and uses necessary safety devises. Have at job sites required personal tools and/or personnel protective equipment in good order
- Maintains job sites, vehicles and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Manage and schedule hired disposal trucks
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor
- Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up tools and equipment in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired
- Perform any other general duties as specified
- Ability to communicate effectively
- 5 years road building experience, preferably grading
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry including the knowledge to read and understand construction drawings.
- Have proficient knowledge of road and underground utility construction techniques
- Have the ability to think the project from start to finish
- Have a proficient knowledge of construction materials and supplies
- Have proficient knowledge of engineering standards and specifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary;
- Be able to work overtime when required;
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets requirements;
- Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Construction / Grading: 1 year (required)
- Driver's licence and access to a vehicle (required)
Work Location: In person