Health & Safety Specialist
The Health and Safety Specialist works with line management to ensure support is provided in achieving zero incident performance in safety, health and environmental goals as well as enforcing all regulatory and COR requirements for the company.
Full time position, Benefits, Vacation, incentive bonus program, opportunity for growth provided.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as the company leader in facilitating company health and safety culture and implementation of COR certification process.
- Identifies opportunities to improve safety and environmental performance and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Completes onsite health and safety review audits and tracks all incident reporting and health and safety documentation.
- Monitors local regulations and client requirements and standards along with company policies and standards to ensure compliance.
- Assists with directing accident/incident investigation, reporting and/or facilitation of root cause analysis.
- Performs administrative duties as needed.
- Coordinates safety training at the project or corporate level.
- Coordinates purchasing of safety supplies/PPE.
- May coordinate safe standard work practices and monitor conformance through safety inspections.
- May evaluate compliance with organizational, government health and safety, and environmental standards.
- May monitor organizational safety, health and environmental performance
- Other duties as required
- Certified COR auditor preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma.
- Accredited HSE certification preferred (OHST, CHST).
- Three (3) or more years working in a similar role.
- Experience in the Construction industry an asset
- Must have a valid G Driver’s license
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with S.E.M. construction without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.07-$43.46 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Health and Safety officer in Ontario: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person