At Moira Place Long Term Care Home, located in the friendly Municipality of Tweed, just minutes north of Belleville, our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents. What sets us apart is our service and our commitment to "Care" in everything we do.
Moira Place, an AON Home, is a leader in service excellence. We set the highest quality standards to achieve superior levels of service and personal care within our communities.
The Social Service Worker acts as an advocate for the residents of Moira Place Long Term Care Home, while promoting an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality for our residents. Reporting to the Administrator, you will effectively utilize your communication skills to build and maintain productive relationships with residents and families in a manner consistent with the mission and values of Moira Place. You will provide quality support to our residents and their families through effective mental health and wellbeing assessments and liaising with management and service providers.
- Participate in resident assessments and evaluations, including psychosocial assessment, counseling, care team conferencing, annual reviews, and family counseling
- Advocate for residents, prioritizing relationship building/maintenance with families, other residents, and staff to support positive family and resident interactions and dynamics
- Provide residents and families with referrals for appropriate resources to enhance psychosocial and coping capacity and to enhance self-advocacy capabilities
- Utilize assessments to develop and coordinate accessible and responsive resident treatment programs
- Identify resident challenges and utilize evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving psychosocial interventions, best practices, and resident outcomes.
- Reports concerns and complaints and participate in the complaint investigation process
- Collaborate with community resources and care partners for enhanced resident care
- Provide counselling to residents who are cognitively capable of participating in the process
- Lead or assist in training and mentorship of staff in specialized psychosocial protocols or approaches as required
- Actively engage in various public relations initiatives throughout the year to enhance and support the positive image of the Home within the community
- Consult with physicians, DOC, ADOC, nurses, and health professionals as part of a large multidisciplinary team
- Ensure effective reporting and documentation is maintained, performing audits as required
- Must have a current certificate or degree in Social Service Work, be a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers (OCSW) in good standing
- Experience and/or education in gerontology or other field relating to seniors is preferred
- Experience in a long-term care setting and resident/patient advocacy preferred
- Possesses sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaison with, and have familiarity of, the workings of the Ministry of Health, LHIN, the hospital and other community resources
Why Choose Moira Place?
- Leading edge health care technology
- Fully accredited, with leading compliance results
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Top-quartile waitlist performance
- Early adopter of adult Montessori concepts, with best-in-class restorative care program
- A pacesetter in adopting long-term care Best Practice
With operations in both Canada and the U.S. and a 50+ year tradition of quality and customer service, AON is the region’s largest privately owned employer.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person