Alexandria Moulding is nestled in the Township of North Glengarry. Alexandria is a unique and vibrant community situated in a strategic location and possessing an enviable quality of life, which is reflected its rural and small-town character and is enhanced by a commitment to preserving its agricultural and natural resources, its historical and cultural heritage, and its quality municipal services.
Alexandria is situated in between Ottawa and Montreal and 35 minutes for the Canada/US border.
Alexandria Moulding, a division of US Lumber, is a customer focused manufacturer and distributor of quality mouldings and related millwork products for both Canadian and U.S. residential housing markets. Alexandria strives to be the best in class at developing and bringing to market value-add products and services.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Process Quality Control Lead, the Quality Assurance Coordinator’s primary purpose is to ensure that all standards of production procedures and coating quality including reliability, usability, and performance, are met and/or exceeded on a daily basis.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Inspect initial production products, applicable drawing standards and work-instruction.
- Inspect and audit incoming finished material at the receiving dock.
- Liaise with customer service to investigate all customer complaints.
- Monitor and inspect finished products, ensuring all quality standards are met.
- Perform daily quality testing.
- Maintain, update and improve upon all reporting documents/databases verifying daily coating procedures and quality standards are met.
- Identify and report problematic areas causing sub-standard level of quality.
- Maintain quality assurance NCR database.
- Perform First Part Inspection as required.
- Participate in committees and meetings as required.
- Perform production run experiments and analyze results.
- Discuss inspection results and conclusions with Foreman and Managers and participate in determining a solution to ensure standards are met.
- Research and identify areas where quality, technologies and/or procedures should be improved to further enhance the company’s capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned and requested by Manager.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Critical thinking.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientated.
- Organization skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic.
- Engineering graduates welcome.
- College education or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with computers and related software used in QA. (Mainly Word and Excel).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Work Location: In person