Kipling Group is a full service, multifaceted real estate management organization, catering to large institutional clients, private equity funds and high net worth individuals. Kipling manages all asset classes and through Forest Hill Kipling, manages multi-family residential and condominium properties.
The objective of Forest Hill Kipling is to re-define residential property management in Canada through superior resident satisfaction and innovation in marketing, leasing and property operations.
Kipling is currently looking for a Senior Property Manager to join our growing residential team. The candidate must have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills and be willing travel between sites across the GTA including Kitchener, Guelph, Cambridge and Burlington.
- Conducts periodic inspections of the properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the properties.
- Obtains estimates/bids for repairs at the properties.
- Generates and tracks service orders, approvals and distribution.
- Coordinates contractor activity.
- Supervises full-time cleaning and maintenance crews or hires out the work to subcontractors.
- Supervision of both property management and site staff
- Oversees the interior and exterior maintenance and repairs, landscaping and painting, electrical and plumbing systems, windows, doors, elevators and floors.
- Updates and improves properties to increase return on investment.
- Coordinates tenant move in / move out as well as agreed upon tenant improvements.
- Reviews and provides feedback on monthly/quarterly owner reports
- Oversee all property management responsibilities including arranging new staffing, security coverage, cleaning, repairs and maintenance of our rental properties.
- Manage renovation and maintenance of projects, including obtaining all the necessary permits, negotiating with contractors and ensuring compliance with City and Municipal bylaws and company guidelines.
- Obtain proposals and hire management companies for residential strata buildings once occupancy obtained.
- Assist the Director of Multi-Residential
- Establishes relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the community and company
- Lead and supervise a team
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Examine and authorize contracts for goods and services and in accordance with budgetary guidelines
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings on behalf of the developer when required
- Performs on-call duty as required.
Marketing & Leasing
- Manages residential lease renewal process.
- Markets vacant spaces.
- Set up leasing office
- Create a model apartment
- Establish lease-up goals in accordance with owners requirements
- Work with supervisor to create all necessary paperwork to commence the leasing process
- Work with marketing team to create marketing material and community website
- Complete monthly marketing survey
- Ensure compliance with all fair housing laws
- Review and approve all applicant files prior to move in for compliance with policies
- Monitor resident turnover
- Shows residences to prospective tenants or other leasing agents.
- Executes lease contracts.
- Prepares annual budgets and monthly/quarterly owner reports.
- Monitors all accounts that pertain to the running of the building.
- Institutes collection procedures on late-paying tenants.
- Verifies all invoice amounts and information with approved Service Orders or Contracts.
- Assists corporate accounting with questions related to the properties and resolution of vendor issues.
- Charge and collect rents and other fees in accordance with lease agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Distinctive financial and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple projects
- 5+ years in property management
- RPA or CPM a plus
- LEED certified a plus
- Experience using Yardi
Kipling supports equal opportunities and invests in a diverse and multicultural work force that values individuals with unique personalities, goals, backgrounds and views. This reinforces Kipling's culture, enhances collaboration and makes for an inclusive work environment.
Kipling will work with individuals requiring accommodation throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please advise our HR team by calling our office.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Expected start date: 2022-05-30