This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. This position has no direct reports.
Job Purpose and Scope
Hot End (HE) supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the hot end process which includes melting, spinning, wool formation and collection process. This is realized by providing support to the melter operators, monitoring critical processes and tasks, ensuring cost effective and efficient operation and continuously improving process capabilities through trials and projects. He/ She is also responsible for safe operations of the hot end equipment, employee safety, compliance to environmental permits and meeting quality specifications cost effectively and at agreed production levels.
Desirable Professional Skills
▪ University or technical College graduate or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent years of experience.
▪ Production supervisor experience within a manufacturing environment.
▪ Lean/ continuous improvement qualifications and delivery experience.
▪ Strong experience working with automated and delivery experience
▪ Problem Solving skills.
▪ Strong experience with MS Office products.
▪ Drive, commitment, self-motivated and high energy. Ability to work under pressure.
▪ Good communication and supervisory skills
▪ Experience in Union environment.
▪ Be able to work on a 4-crew operation
▪ Experience and knowledge of sound employee relations.
▪ No media ( including social media) reporting, commenting or giving Interviews – At any level
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $78,000.00-$88,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person