School Bus Driver - Paid Training and Sign-On Bonuses Offered!
We have bus-loads of opportunities available right now, and it's our culture that sets us apart from our competitors – at Cold Lake Bus Lines, you belong to a world-class team of innovators and industry leaders who are passionate about getting people Safely Home. Our culture is driven by inclusivity and people who are empowered, proud, and believe in the power of a positive attitude.
We know everyone is hiring right now, but let's dive in to what makes Cold Lake Bus Lines the Employer of Choice:
- No experience necessary. You get paid training from day one (and for the rest of your career with us); you just need a valid non-GDL class 5 driver’s license or higher and our industry-leading trainers will take it from there!
- We offer a flexible Monday through Friday schedule. You get weekends, summers, and holidays off - perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, retiree, or anyone looking for work that fits into their diverse schedule.
- We value your time. Our drivers earn competitive wages, with the opportunity to earn even more by taking on additional routes. Cold Lake Bus Lines is offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for all license classes - receive $500 three months after you drive your first route and the remaining $500 after nine months. Class 1 and 2 drivers are also eligible for an additional $3,000 sign-on bonus - receive $1,000 three months after you drive your first route and the remaining $2,000 after six months. You will earn an hourly rate of $20 - $24 including bonuses. We also have safety and service awards, driver engagement and social events, recognition programs and more!
- Have preschool aged children? No problem, you can save on daycare costs by bringing them to work with you. They'll have fun singing wheels on the bus, while you make some extra cash – it's a win, win.
- We are welcoming. No matter what your previous employment background is, we want you to join our team. Your diverse work experience is an asset, it helps us learn, innovate, and evolve our processes and practices. We invest in our people, offering continued training and development opportunities so you can build a career with us.
- We have tons of opportunities for growth and advancement. Our sister companies span across the country, so no matter where you relocate to, it's likely we have a place for you. From employee transportation, non-emergency medical transportation, on-demand shuttles, to inter-city busing, the opportunities are endless!
We're looking for the right people to do an important job. Transportation is an essential service for our communities, and it takes a special person to commit to doing it well. The early starts, traffic, and unpredictable road conditions are all worth it at the end of the day when you know you've made difference in the lives of children. Their smiles are the ultimate reward, and you'll look forward to seeing them each day – we promise.
So, if you are a compassionate and caring individual who wants an opportunity to grow and learn new skills, apply today. We want you to get to know us; let us show you the Cold Lake Bus Lines difference.
Requisition code - 13310
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waskatenau, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person