Policy Reporter offers a suite of insights products and consulting services to enhance market access strategies and patient support initiatives. By tracking payer policies in near real time, we ensure that the largest pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics manufacturers, leading academic institutions and organized provider groups have the most up-to-date data and evidence-based guidance to help patients access the therapies they need. For more information, please visit https://www.policyreporter.com.
About the Team:
The Data Quality Assurance Team (DQAT) is a mid-sized and growing team tasked with maintaining data quality and data comprehensiveness. We achieve this by taking a detailed and methodical approach to all document analysis, as well as through technology enabled solutions.
The Data Quality team comprises data quality coordinators, team lead, co-op student, part-time and the manager. Our work includes categories, products, Database Maintenance, Index Maintenance, and Indexing. This position works on the index/DBM team using tools to update documents from payer index pages.
If successful, you will be joining a friendly team with a healthy work/life balance. There are a lot of opportunities to grow professionally as the team continues to expand.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Data Quality Coordinator II (DQC II) contributes to the strategic direction and market share growth of the company. Using knowledge of industry standards, the DQC II defines data quality requirements, providing results-focused perspective on long-term data integrity, and data-driven objectives in the following ways:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on data acquisition and data quality matters (Indexing, Index Maintenance Mapping and Database Maintenance).
- Mentor and provide oversight to data quality coordinators (DQC I)
- Foster Leadership and continuous Improvement within the Team.Support initiatives that deliver operational improvements within the team.
Act as a mentor for new hires, supporting their onboarding and induction.
Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure data are up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Function as a cross team data quality Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects and initiativesEnsure that all new features, products, and/or processes are developed with awareness of data rules
Work with project teams to establish data checkpoints and meaningful metrics
Monitor project deliverables and KPIs
- Support client requests and issue resolution
- Act as leader/task owners for task teams driving team to achieve departmental strategic objectives
- Perform data quality audits and investigations, applying appropriate data quality rules and thresholds. Develop data Quality Metrics, Measures and KPIs and conduct Data Quality Monitoring and Reporting.
- Resolve Data Quality issues to:Triage activities according to business impact
Record and report findings using standardized processes
Conduct root cause analyses, as necessary
Propose corrective actions
Create weekly/monthly data quality scorecards
- Coordinate, interpret, apply, and communicate Policy Reporter data quality principles to the wider company, including data stewards, technical owners, and company stakeholders.Inculcate data quality principles in processes and projects
Make data quality initiatives and complex technical information understandable to audience specific stakeholders
- Create and maintain data quality resources, as part of a data quality library of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)Streamline and standardize internal cross-team workflows
Control the single source of truth for data quality processes across the company
Continuous development and refinement of business rules and assessments processes
Contribute to the scalability of internal and external products
- Data profiling by using appropriate tools such as Splunk or SQL
- ETL, data pipeline and automation on Python
- Web Crawling as a possible future project
- Ensure data quality meets client Service Level Agreements (SLAs), if applicable
- Complete other data quality duties, as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in relational database (PostgreSQL) an asset
- Knowledge in healthcare, health insurance, device and pharmaceutical industry products and processes an asset
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills and technical capabilities (Python coding an asset)
- ETL, data hygiene, web-crawling & data governance an asset
- Intimate familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications
- Ability to develop cross team relationships and create buy-ins
- Ability to utilize business intelligence tool to drive data decisions an asset
- Familiarity with health insurance database an asset
What we offer...
- Competitive compensation package including company-paid extended health benefits, paid-time off, paid sick leave, volunteer leave, employer-matching Group RRSP, etc and company paid Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- Collaborative and supportive Company culture
Policy Reporter’s Core Values:
- Value & Respect
- Continuous Learning
- Ownership & Accountability
Policy Reporter is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- What are your annual salary expectations? (base salary). Please note due to the volume of applications received, this question is critical in the pre-screening process.
- If provided with an offer, when would you be available to start?
Work Location: Remote