The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all Fantasyland Hotel guests. Assisting the Front Office Manager in overseeing the day to day operations of the Front Desk, Night Audit, Switchboard, Guest Services and FLH Essentials.
- Ensuring all Front Desk employees are performing according to set hotel service standards and representing the hotel's core values.
- Assisting with the hiring, training and mentorship of all employees in the department.
- Assisting with staff scheduling to maintain a balance between service needs and labour cost budgets.
- Assisting with maintaining appropriate employee records, department payroll, staff evaluations, and performance management documentation.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager with monitoring and improving customer comments relating to Front Desk customer service practices.
- Ensuring proper communication systems are in place for all members of the Front Office team. Responding to guest concerns and special requests while utilizing exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- (3)- (5) years of experience working in a high volume, up-scale hotel in a Front Office Management or Supervisory based position.
- A high level of professionalism in the workplace and a desire to take on new challenges as they arise.
- Individuals must have excellent communication and organizational skills, must be able to multi-task and problem solve, and must be able to work under pressure.
- Experience working successfully with all employees including staff mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent knowledge of computerized Front Office systems and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Completion of a post-secondary Hospitality Management diploma/certificate or business management diploma.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Alberta driving license, and be able to provide a 3-year driver's abstract.
- Ability to drive both standard and automatic vehicles.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires availability Monday through Sunday, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This is a salaried position that depends on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person