At RealeBorn, we provide people who love architecture with innovative solutions to make their designs a reality. As leaders in custom fabrication, we collaborate with our clients on the initial design concept to the final one-of-a-kind creation resulting in ‘exceptional’ products that convey the passion we have for our business. Our work is both residential and commercial and includes; Fireplace Surrounds, Guardrails, Metal Doors, Rangehoods, Metal Cladding, Screens, Stairs, Railings, Water features, Planter Boxes and any other metal and glass ideas our clients may request.
We are currently looking for a full-time Machinist to add to our dedicated team of fabricators and installers of architectural metal and glass products. Our Machinist reports to the Fabrication Manager and collaborates with the project team to perform tasks involving the operation of a variety of machinery, hand tools and handheld power tools. There may be the occasional requirement to pick up and deliver supplies and materials to and from our fabrication facility or our project sites.
We take pride in consistently delivering at or beyond our client’s expectations and aim for only the highest level of craftmanship. The Machinist works with various materials including steel, stainless steel, brass, bronze, glass and other materials as required. Our hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 7am- 4pm, Friday 7am- 1pm. Our business is growing and with growth comes opportunity!
Roles and Responsibilities of the Machinist
- Polishing, grinding, hand filing, sanding parts, assemble components and finishing parts using manual and machine tools, washing and packing and unpacking parts.
- Assembly of products using bolts, screws, and clips
- Visual inspection of products for quality.
- Regular communications with the Shop Supervisor to quickly and efficiently adapt to changes in daily priorities
- Occasional, loading and unloading of supplies and materials from a variety of vehicles including; a Van, a Pick-up Truck and a Flat Bed trailer.
· Ensure a high level of professionalism and the utmost care is taken handling products when dealing with suppliers and attending project sites, usually upscale homes.
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment by maintaining housekeeping standards and safe working practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical ability to handle heavy loads, bending, crouching and kneeling
- Previous experience in a machine shop is an asset
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Understand safe working practices on jobsite
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to perform precise tasks
- Clear verbal Communication skills combined with the ability to understand and follow instructions both verbal and written.
- Quality Orientation
- Operate Hand Tools and Equipment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Ability and desire to learn
- Ability to read manufacturers drawings
- Previous experience using a table saw would be an asset
- Previous experience driving a Fork-Lift would be an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record would be an asset
- Manufacturing facility
- On occasion, driving company vehicles throughout the GTA
Shop Machinery (Informational Only)
- 6’ – 60 Ton CNC Accurpress
- 6 KW 6’ X 12’ Fiber Laser
- 12’- 220 Ton CNC Brake Press
- 10’- ¼” Capacity Shear
- 3/8’ Capacity Pierce-All
- CNC Vertical Milling Machines
- 10’ Power Roller
- Table Saws
- Panel Saws
- (4) TIG Welding Machines
- (1) MIG Welding Machines
- (3) Air Hogs
Creating dreams. Building solutions. Using your imagination as our inspiration.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5L 5Y1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- machinist: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person