MAINWAY is known for superiority when producing complicated prototype parts for a large variety of industries. All tooling is designed in-house using (3-D) VISI software. We take pride in the fact that all the necessary tooling components including custom die shoes are machined in-house using our state-of-the-art CNC equipment.
MAINWAY designers have experience with machine design, automotive progressive dies, die transfer, and part development/prototypes. MAINWAY is the “go to” organization for quality parts, quick turn around and on-time delivery. We have the ability to produce parts of any quantity while strictly adhering to drawing specifications and tolerances. Known for high quality prototype parts, it is a challenge to decipher if those parts were produced off hard tooling. MAINWAY provides a full in-house stamping facility. Presses and feed lines range from 40 Ton to 800 Ton.
MAINWAY's in-house stamping department not only provides our customer with quality parts, it also provides added value, with spot welding, surface coatings, a robotic weld cell and a full assembly line.
WORK SHIFT: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Monday- Friday
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Tool & Die Design & Development
- Building precision dies to a professional caliber, accurate to the design drawings, and within the intended schedule
- The safe and professional operation of equipment that could include saws, drills, grinders, lathes, mills, die presses, electrical discharge machines, conventional and numerically controlled metal-cutting and forming machines
- Dismantling, repairing or replacing worn-out tooling, dies or fixtures
- Reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings, tooling drawings and work process documentation
- Following process related instructions, procedures and requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Toolroom Supervisor or Manager
Tool & Die Maintenance & Quality Inspection
- Performs work-in-process measuring and checking using specialized and precision tools and equipment
- Performing daily pre-start-up and record inspection for toolroom equipment
- Fitting and assembling dies for testing to ensure compliance
- Evaluating and completing die repair sheets to correct issues prior to approval
- Documenting die check list on the completion of dies & signed-off by Supervisor
- Responsible to ensure that all tools and equipment are properly maintained and put away in appropriate area
- Identify and establish Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) when needed for disposition
- Own the cleanliness of your work area
Cross Departmental Administration and Coordination:
- Must submit and distribute documentation to appropriate personnel as required
- Job management to meet quoted costs, times & customer expectations
- Documenting Internal Work Orders (IWO) for set-completion times
- Be part of a work environment that promotes success, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Adheres to all plant rules and other safe requests from supervisory personnel
- Assist in the resolution/implementation of corrective actions
- Present yourself in a professional and courteous manner within the company and with customers and suppliers
Qualification Requirements: (Minimum Education & Experience)
- Grade 12 Education or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Qualified Tool and Die Maker requiring completion of 4 year apprenticeship program or equivalent
- Basic mathematical and mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently
- Basic understanding of technical specifications, engineering drawings & GD&T
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience
- Familiarity operating various tool room machinery and equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to project the steps needed to accomplish tasks, foresee potential problems for correction
Why join team BURLOAK?
- Competitive wages
- Cash Referral Bonus for bringing people to join the team
Strong Benefits Programs
- Competitive benefits for you & your family, with Dental, Extended Health, Life, Disability, Vision, etc.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension Plan with company contributions
- Great location near highways, with free on-site parking, and also near transit
- Well-established company of 40+ years
- Under new ownership, designed for growth
- Interesting work – MAINWAY is active in appliance, automotive, heavy duty, and more
- Great customers – MAINWAY has established relationships with top quality customers
- Fully integrated shop – Design, toolmaking, CNC shop, Press (40-800t), welding, and more
- Company events (Employee appreciation BBQs, for example)
- Open door policy with management
- Training provided as required
- Outside training, company funds up to 100% of fees
We thank all candidates for their submissions and will be contacting applicants selected for interviews on a rolling basis starting immediately.
COVID-19 considerations: We are a fully vaccinated workplace. All candidates that are selected for an interview must show proof of vaccination upon entry of our workplace.
Burloak is an accessible workplace and we welcome applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, that can be arranged for any part of the selection process for this position. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$36.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person