Quality Coordinator (Product Inspector) ENTRY LEVEL
Reports to: Vendor Manager
The Quality Coordinator is responsible for examining the manufacturing processes and operational techniques used to ensure all products are produced at the highest quality. They are responsible for monitoring, inspecting, and proposing new measures to correct and/or improve manufacturing processes and final products to ensure Busch Systems is meeting both industry and customer expectations. This position will report to the Vendor Manager and will work closely with all Operational Departments (i.e. Purchasing, Planning, Warehousing, Production, etc.)
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
Monitoring of all Warehousing & Production operating processes & procedures to seek further efficiencies and cost saving measures while maintaining the highest level of quality.
Make product specification, functionality, packaging, storage, and logistics recommendations.
Provide quality training to all incoming and existing warehouse and production staff.
Create and maintain all SOP’s
Monitoring of all non-conformances and highlighting areas for process and product improvement to ensure customer satisfaction is being met.
- Validate new products through a final FAI and assess first off production.
Validate all new components (hardware, packaging, assembly instructions, etc) prior to initial purchases.
Create, sample, revise and maintain all packaging specifications for new and existing products.
- Work with the Vendor Manager to communicate with suppliers regularly to ensure they understand the specification and functionality of all new and existing products to guarantee they are providing products that will meet and/or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Assist Vendor Manager with Annual Supplier Reviews including the Vendor Report Cards.
- Perform regular Quality Inspections for incoming materials from suppliers and outgoing products for shipping.
- Issue Quality Alert’s to suppliers as needed.
Work with suppliers to ensure any quality issues are remedied.
Maintain an accurate Quality Alert database.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Every employee of Busch Systems, Including the Quality Coordinator, is responsible for acknowledging and striving to uphold the following statement:
“At Busch Systems, our core philosophy of ‘People, Planet, Product’ is central to our values and corporate culture. Specifically, in our sustainability practices, we recognize that by constantly striving to reach a higher standard of environmental accountability, we can encourage our colleagues, suppliers, and clients to do the same. By making a conscious commitment to be eco-responsible in our business practices, Busch Systems aims to be sustainably impactful in communities on a local, national and worldwide level.”