Brandt is currently seeking a Sales Manager for our Agricultural Products Division. The successful candidate will develop an outstanding sales organization that delivers industry leading sales growth and profitability for the Agricultural Products in Canada and USA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First level of contact for the US Territory Managers
- Provide leadership to the Sales Team to ensure we are constantly maximizing our sales and optimizing net income
- Travel within the territory extensively with the Territory Mangers to promote Brandt, support our dealer network and sign up new dealers (~3 weeks per month)
- Develop a culture within the sales organization that is focused on the key organizational goals and ensures outstanding customer satisfaction
- Maintenance and evaluation of Territory Managers, Product Specialists, and Area Managers of Product Support
- Focus sales organization on goal setting, forecasting, budgeting, market analysis, account management, and dealer development. Set and achieve sales and profitability goals that are aligned with the overall division budget.
This would include;
- Business Plan for which is consistent with the Corporate Business Plan;
- Monitor of Dealer by Dealer Business Plans as prepared by the Territory Managers;
- Projecting Retail Sales on an annual basis and reviewing sales trends on a monthly basis;
- Reporting trends in the Marketplace;
- Ultimately responsible for account management;
- Manage product allocation, inventory levels, and distribution to the Region.
- Work with the Credit Department to ensure informed credit decisions.
- Build corporate, business, and personal relationships with key accounts.
- Approve Territory Manager expense accounts.
- Ensure our Sales Team is the best in the industry. This will be accomplished through training, recruiting, and retaining the best people.
- Understand and anticipate marketplace opportunities, issues and trends. Use this knowledge to develop strategies and action plans that optimize the business results for Brandt. Monitor actions and assumptions and revise plans accordingly. Assessing competitor’s activities and reacting accordingly.
- Manage the Regional product communications strategy which creates broad awareness to key product messages within our target audience. This includes Farm Shows/Dealer events.
- Develop and manage a distribution strategy that gives our products a competitive advantage.
- Launch new products in a way that maximizes market share and creates awareness to the key product features.
- Recommend pricing strategies that will maximize market share and optimize net income.
- Provide regional input to the Product Development process.
- Access Product Development information from the respective Territory Manager’s, Product Specialists, and Dealer group. This information must then be formulated in a manner such that it may be used in the Design Criteria process.
- Provide a monthly report outlining the activities in the Region.
This is to include;
- Summary of Activities for the Month;
- Deviation from Plan;
- Issues and Concerns;
- Goals and Objectives.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, dealers, and customers
- Confident with decision making regarding financial transactions, sales strategy, budgeting, and forecasting
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning
- Must be available to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- 7+ years’ direct work experience in a sales management capacity
- Experience in the Agriculture industry strongly preferred