- Growth driven company with career advancement opportunities
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package
- Oakville, ON
You became an engineer because you love figuring things out, solving problems, and creating innovative and masterful designs.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited by the opportunity to work in a dynamic, industry-leading manufacturer, then we want to hear from you!
We’re Raise Recruiting and we’ve partnered with our client who is a leading custom designer and manufacturer of retractable roofing and skylight systems for the global marketplace. Our client’s customized designs for fixed & retractable roofing systems, skylights, and enclosures transform commercial, aquatic and residential facilities into sunlit spaces that customers love. Their energy-efficient, enclosures transform all spaces from summertime treats to year-round local and tourist destinations.
If you have technical structural experience, along with leadership skills, and are looking to grow with a well-established manufacturing company, then you may be our next Senior Structural Engineer.
Senior Structural Engineer
As the new Senior Structural Engineer, you will provide structural analysis, design, and design-related services from contract initiation through all phases of design development to final inspection and certification.
Additionally, you will complement the Engineering Team. In this role, you will have a tremendous opportunity to be responsible for leading and shaping the engineering department through continued growth, while maintaining our client’s reputation for excellence in quality and customer service.
You are also the kind of person who can look at the big picture, and intuitively understand the work it takes to achieve it. You’re a problem solver who is able to insightfully characterize problems and develop comprehensive requirements for which you develop solutions.
Practically speaking you will:
- Perform analysis and designs of building structures (retractable roof enclosures, large span operable and fixed skylights) using applicable building and design codes/standards (US, Canadian, and IBC)
- Design in aluminum and steel (mainly aluminum)
- Provide design sketches and coordinate work with draftspersons and other designers during design development stage
- Provide effective management of internal and external working relationships with all levels in the organization
- Responsible for liaison with external consultants and engineering resources, as applicable, for assigned projects
- Prepare technical specifications
- Check design documents and working drawings
- Reviews shop drawings. Responsible for developing design solutions and modifications when warranted by site condition.
- Contribute to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency
- Mentor and assist less experienced design and drafting staff, checking and providing feedback
- Define and align goals with departmental goals
Additionally, you’re a good fit for this role if you are:
- A leader – you combat slacking and tardiness by being an example of excellence.
- Collaborative – while you excel on your own, that doesn’t stop you from being a team player that communicates openly and effectively across teams. You treat everyone with respect because you’re invested in maintaining strong work relationships.
- Independent – you don’t need or want someone looking over your shoulder. You’re always results-oriented and keep tabs on different projects with ease.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday out of our Oakville, ON office. Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan, vacation, flex hours, and opportunities for professional development.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree from Canadian university or foreign equivalent
- Structural Engineer with a background in aluminum and steel design and reinforced concrete
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada (P.Eng.)
- Minimum experience of 8 years in structural design engineering and management
- Leadership, mentoring, engineering and trouble-shooting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and structural engineering software (SAP, S-Frame)
How To Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin/Raise, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.