The Service Technician performs work remotely at customer sites; installing and servicing equipment while also providing customer training and support, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshoots and repairs injection molding machines and robots, including conducting tests and inspections on all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic or software components including calibrations to optimize performance. Performs software and hardware installations.
· Performs all safety checks on equipment.
· Educates customers on equipment and instructs on proper operation.
· Manages resolution of customer issues, including order and installation of replacements parts as necessary.
· Orders replacement parts with diagnoses of problems with control systems and develops an organized approach to solving machine problems and repairs/replaces parts as required.
· Instructs other Service Technicians and/or customer operators on the maintenance and safe operations of injection molding systems.
· Communicates on an ongoing basis with Central Service/Manufacturing/Parts Center to obtain answers to problems encountered in the field.
· Provides written reports on a regular basis to the Service Manager.
· High School Diploma Required
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 5+ Years in Injection Molding troubleshooting or processing or prior experience as a Field Service Injection Molding Technician/Service Engineer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot electrical/electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
· Experience with injection molding machines, well rounded skill set in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, computer and able to provide basic training for customers and employees
· Knowledge and understanding of injection molding process
· Ability to troubleshoot problems systematically
· Knowledge of microprocessor programming
· Knowledgeable in materials such as PET, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Styrene and other common materials
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation
· Tact and diplomacy, i.e., must possess the ability to handle difficult or unhappy customers
· Dedicated team player with a positive attitude.
· Familiarity with our client's machines and robots is preferred
· Uses internal resources efficiently to resolve customer issues expeditiously and correctly
· Able to work independently with minimal back office (engineering, spare parts, phone/technical support)
Our client provides excellent benefits including health, dental and vision insurance all upon first day of hire (no waiting period and very robust coverage at an affordable price), 401k with match, 3 weeks’ PTO, personal time off, employer paid life insurance, long and short term disability, and an employee-centric environment.
Field Service Technicians have extended benefits beyond those including a comprehensive vehicle program (monthly stipend + mileage reimbursement), $75 per diem, tool reimbursement, cell phone, laptop, and only occasional voluntary travel on weekends!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call