CSI - Control System Innovators Corp. is a controls and automation integrator focused on delivering total satisfaction to OEMs, vendors and end users. CSI is a Siemens designated SSP partner, proven in providing innovative control and motion solutions to complex projects. Our employees pride themselves on delivering the right solution on time and on budget. CSI offers professional services including consultation, design, project management, implementation and maintenance of industrial control systems.
CSI offers a wealth of opportunities for engineers in developing their professional career through advanced internal & external training & close mentorship with our Sr. Management comprised of highly experienced engineers. Our engineers strive to seek creative solutions to tackle some of the most challenging problems faced in the automation industry today & as a company we continuously work to provide & foster a highly rewarding environment for all our employees.
Currently, we are expanding operations and seeking an electrical/controls engineer within the company.
The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to participate in the conception, controls design and implementation of a variety of complex automation projects that may include PLCs, HMI, motion controllers, computer numeric controllers (CNC), and robotic systems. The successful candidate(s) will support CSI activities in the acquisition of new customers and maintain a positive relationship with existing customers. The candidate must observe all safety rules and build skills to become a confident and independent team player. Travel within Canada and the US shall be required.
Additional criteria as follows:
- Work on various stages of automation and control projects. (Electrical CAD, PLC programming, HMI design, Simulation/testing, commissioning, etc.)
- Assist project managers and senior electrical/systems engineers on controls projects, field service and emergency calls.
- Apply your engineering knowledge in electrical hardware and controls software design.
- Apply your strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Preparing project documentation including – Design requirements specifications & deliverables, schedules, reports & user/operator manuals.
- Meet project objectives in a timely manner.
- Diligently identify, track, and work to resolve open issues.
- Working independently & as part of a team on projects.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Automation/Systems/Mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of experience in programming. (PLC, HMI, VB, ST, C, SQL or other equivalent languages)
- Reading & comprehension of electrical, mechanical & fluids drawings is an asset.
- Knowledge of AC & DC circuits (AC-1ph, 3-ph, DC) and power electronics.
- Experience with North American Electrical code & standards is an asset. (CSA, UL, NEC, ANSI)
- Previous experience in programming VFDs, Servos and motion controllers is an asset.
- Understanding of database management software is an asset.
- Understanding of IT Networking including LAN & WLAN is an asset.
- Experience using lab equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes & power supplies.
- Excellent English: Both oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical & problem-solving skills.
- A drive to learn new concepts and enjoyment working with new technologies.
This challenging career offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you would like to learn more about CSI, visit www.csinnovation.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person