Account Manager, PMA Sales
Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
Highly successful and poised for continued growth both in the domestic and international market, we are seeking a qualified PMA (Preventative Maintenance Agreement) sales representative with a proven sales record and a general understanding of fire alarm, security and telephone access systems.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful with an aptitude for learning and keeping pace with ever advancing technology.
- Identify and obtain new sales for PMA service and inspectors.
- Develop and upsell new and existing accounts by checking customers’ buying history, proactively contacting exiting customers to ensure orders are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Target new business opportunities using industry contacts and expertise.
- Establish relationships with building owners, property management companies, prospects, and industry insiders through a combination of cold calling, outdoor field sales and direct marketing efforts to present Mircom products and services and solicit new business.
- Upsell and maintain service agreements with existing customers through a combination of outdoor field sales, phone sales and marketing efforts.
- Develop innovative solutions using Mircom products and services to competitively meet customer needs.
- Develop a win/pricing strategy based on market and customer knowledge.
- Sell new service agreements on all company products and services.
- Meet directly with customers to establish their needs and drive overall sales process.
- Create proposals for service agreements, test inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Quote sales agreements for customers with technical accuracy and within company pricing guidelines
- Maintain client rapport by understanding current and future needs by responding promptly
- Identify and resolve customer concerns and issues accurately and efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and present to customers a thorough understanding of company services and communicate market pricing, customer needs, and competitor information and services.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of all product lines and services offered.
- Proven B2B sales with strong prospecting skills including telephone and in person cold calling.
- Self starter
- Highly motivated
- Aptitude for learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effort at building relationships with a strong service orientation
- Solid team player
- Must be willing to travel for customer calls.
- Advanced sales skills and ability to develop customer solutions.
- Goes beyond job requirements to seek opportunities and generate ideas for improvements.
- Proficient computer skills
- Minimum 3+ years of technical sales experience, including but not limited to fire & life safety industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
- Post-secondary education (sales or technical degree/diploma)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with preparing thorough quotes.
- Knowledge of fire alarm industry and/or technology, OFC fire code and building codes considered an asset.
- Must possess a car and hold a valid driver’s licence.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment with opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Mircom Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer that considers all applicants regardless of cultural background, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, family status, disability or any other grounds as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Mircom is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all individuals with disabilities in a respectful and dignified manner. Accommodations will be made available, upon request, to applicants who have specialized needs throughout the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Mircom does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved in advance by Mircom to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. We will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.