- Darcor is a leading designer and manufacturer of caster and wheels.
- Our “best in class” reputation for quality and innovation has been developed over 90 years.
- Darcor enjoys an excellent partnership with all its employees.
- Darcor respects the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with its production team members and the United Steel Workers Union.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the job of the Shipper/Receiver/Material Stager is to properly receive and record incoming goods arriving from suppliers, to prepare and record outgoing goods for shipment to customers properly, and to ensure the accurate and timely flow of materials between the warehouse, fabrication and assembly areas. The Shipper/Receiver/Material Stager will ensure all materials are provided to the production areas and finished goods are stored and/or staged for shipment. This position will primarily perform cycle counts, maintain inventory accuracy through proper and periodic counting, and process material reports and transfers.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
o Ship, receive, prepare and stage all parts and materials as required.
o Update the inbound and outbound orders status in ERP and RF system.
o Maintain inventory of incoming, stored, and outgoing goods and current space available.
o Perform general housekeeping tasks within the shipping, receiving and staging areas.
o Responsible for handling moving, storing and retrieving, loading and unloading materials by hand or using various material handling equipment.
o Operate and complete daily maintenance checks on the material handling equipment, including pre-trip inspections.
o All members of the warehouse staff are able to perform duties of all positions to ensure that warehouse operations do not falter during vacations or the absence of warehouse team members.
o Perform other related duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or the VP of Manufacturing.
o Perform physical inventory, location auditing and reporting based on the schedule provided and monitored by the Warehouse Manager.
o Maintains inventory accuracy through proper counting, processing of material reports and transfers and is able to research any discrepancies.
o Assist in determining root causes of inventory discrepancies and help implement corrective actions to eliminate repetitive errors.
o Enters and adjusts cycle counts into the system using RF plus and Visual ERP systems, reporting discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager
o Receive all parts and materials as required.
o Update the status of inbound orders in ERP system, Company Portal and hand held RF devices.
o Inspect incoming goods condition as soon as practical after receipt.
o Review incoming goods / containers for any visual damage.
o Report signs of damage to quality inspector.
o Compare identifying information regarding incoming shipments by use of counts, weights or measures and verify information against bills of lading, invoices or other records – report variances immediately to quality inspector or supervisor.
o Accurately record incoming goods in company records.
o Prepare shipments for outside services, ship and receive parts through the Company Portal.
o Move goods to the designated warehouse location as soon as practical after recording receipt.
o Utilizes RF Scanning device and software modules Inventory, Inbound, Production and Outbound to receive purchase orders, work orders, maintain inventory levels, accuracy, part locations, move parts into designated, inspection, staging and put away areas, and prevent materials from getting lost/misplaced.
o Reposition production from fabrication or assembly to designated warehouse location for finished goods.
o Compare identifying information regarding outgoing shipments by use of counts, weights or measures and verify information against work orders or other records – report variances immediately to Customer Service Manager.
o Prepare goods and related paperwork for shipment including bills of lading, customer invoice, packlist and labelling.
o Make arrangements with transport companies for shipment of goods.
o Accurately record shipments in company records – UPS and company systems.
o Have goods properly tagged and positioned for carrier pick up.
o Accurately close orders and book shipments on time following shipping report.
o Maintaining in-process inventory at work centers and assembly lines by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
o Transport raw materials and finished products throughout the various shops, assembly lines, WIP’s and the warehouse.
o Locating materials and supplying materials to the work centers and assembly lines by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on pick lists and production orders.
o Pick up and put away received product/ components.
o Performs warehouse waste removal duties.
o Perform and report parts cycle counts daily to ensure inventory accuracy.
o Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
o Required to perform all computer inputs related to proper inventory control and record any nonconforming goods.
o Supply RAW materials and pick-up WIP from fabrication process areas.
Qualifications, Abilities & Experience:
· Licenced and confident to safely operate material handling equipment, including, Forklift (propane and battery), scissor lift, high bay Forklift and Counterbalance.
- Forklift – Battery and Propane
- BT WALKIE
- SKY JACK
- CROWN – Turret lift truck (special licence)
· Utilizes RF Scanning devices and software modules Inventory, Inbound, Production and Outbound to receive purchase orders, work orders, inventory levels, accuracy, part locations, move parts into staging areas, and prevent materials from getting lost/misplaced.
· No fear of heights
· Working knowledge of warehouse and computerized inventory control systems
· Highly flexible team player, with solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative working environment
· Experience identifying process improvement opportunities
· Able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
· Working knowledge of safety standards in a manufacturing environment
· Experience operating material handling equipment
· Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines
· Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Availability for shift work
· Availability to work overtime if required
· Health and Safety certification or willingness to take H&S training and obtain certification
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm (1/2-hour unpaid lunch break)
Rate of Pay:
$22.07 per hour + $1.00/hr premium for working in the 2nd shift
Standard Paid Work Hours: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, insurance plans upon completion of probation. Defined contribution pension plan as per the policy.
Job Status: Position is full time, subject to satisfactory completion of 90 working days probation period (per CBA).
Please note that this position requires Criminal, Credit and Drivers Abstract Background Checks to be completed for potential candidates. The results of these checks must be satisfactory to the Company, in order to be eligible for employment.
Darcor is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including minorities and those with disabilities. Darcor acknowledges and adheres to all aspects of Ontario’s Human Rights Code, including but not limited to, the duty to accommodate and the right to be free from discrimination in the workplace and in the hiring process.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON M8W 1T1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- How many years of experience do you have as a Cycle Counter?
- Do you have experience of using counting scale?
- Do you have experience of using Forklift?
- Do you have experience of using Turret Machine?
Work Location: In person