Tłı̨chǫ Community Builders prides itself on a long history of professional, focused and results-oriented residential and commercial construction services throughout the Tłı̨chǫ region.
Our extensive experience encompasses the broad spectrum of design/build capabilities, general contracting, construction management and project management. Our proven expertise includes wood-frame buildings, cast in place concrete foundations and structures, and pre-engineered or conventional steel structures in a wide variety of projects for industrial, institutional, commercial, recreational and multi-family residential construction.
We are experts at delivering projects in remote locations with unique logistical challenges.
We are currently seeking a professional and experienced individual to join our team as Project Accounting Administrator.
Work closely with the Project Managers ("PM") on a daily basis for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting on all construction projects.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of prime contracts Value (all change quotes and change orders) with PMs on a regular basis.
- Work with PMs to prepare and track monthly invoices to be sent out to clients, understand client’s requirements for billing including supporting documentation for Government of the Northwest Territories and NWT Housing Corporation jobs (employment reports, statutory declarations, consultant certifications, etc.)
- Create and maintain a sub-contractor ledger account for each sub-contractor on each project; monitor all sub-contract value and all change orders to the sub-trades including payments and holdbacks.
- Work with PMs to oversee and track supplier payables.
- Create and track purchase orders upon request for each project.
- Understand and record bi-weekly / monthly work to prepare project forecasts. Work with PMs and use this information to determine necessary accruals/deferrals monthly in conjunction with company billings.
- Work with PMs and develop a template and enter the data on a cost-to-completion summary report for each project.
- Understand status and follow up with customers for Accounts Receivable payments; manage the cash flow with PMs as directed.
- Collaborate with Construction team and develop a cost recording/cost control system; transferring that data into the schedule of values for viewing, understanding and comparisons of actuals to revenue.
- Understand the relationship of estimates with schedule of values and forecasting.
- Work with PMs to prepare the budget for TCB; adjusting as required for presentation to senior management.
- Work with PMs to prepare forecasts and adjustments accordingly.
- Understand WSCC premium applications; obtaining rates for TCB and advising estimators accordingly.
- Understand payroll burden costs and advising estimators accordingly.
- Booking flights and acommodations for out-of-town staff as required; tracking schedules and rotations.
- Offering recommendations for continuous improvement of operations and reporting.
- Work with PMs and Estimators to develop a standard set of cost codes to replace the current cost code system in QuickBooks.
- Review and analyze past project financials to determine historical costs and productivity rates for construction crews.
- Improve information processing related to project accounting/financials.
- Standardize project accounting/financials.
- Improve current presentation/reporting documents.
- Other related administration duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Solid construction-industry/construction-project financial/accounting background (minimum of 5 years)
- Demonstrated understanding and application of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project and Adobe.
- Excellent communication and team-work.
- Post-secondary financial/accounting education with work experience in project accounting/project controls.