ABOUT THE JOB
Marid Industries Limited is seeking a detail-oriented and energetic Logistics Administrator to join our team!
This is an exciting full-time opportunity for an individual to join our growing team. As part of the Marid team you will work alongside our production, site, purchasing, and finance teams to ensure we meet project deadlines and deliver exceptional client service. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring production progress on the shop floor and orchestrating the timely and efficient logistical support in a fast-paced production and construction environment.
- Plan and track shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
- Communicate with suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Schedule pick-ups and drop-offs as requested by purchasing, accounting and maintenance department in a timely manner.
- Coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck driver's) according to availabilities and requirements.
- Prepare accurate reports for management.
- Prepare accurate bills of lading.
- Complete customs paperwork for US projects.
- Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior to releasing them from our facility.
- Resolve problems associated with transportation, import and export, customer problems, and logistics systems.
- Prepare and maintain supplies for shipping.
- Monitor the package and labels of shipments accurately.
- Completes purchase orders as required and ensures delivery and/or pick up of finished items in a timely manner.
- Maintain log of trailers in conjunction with Maintenance for safety inspection scheduling and ensures transported loads do not exceed safety maximums.
- Assist Plant and Site Managers with documentation management.
- Provide backup to purchasing, production processing, quality and inventory management.
- Address inquiries and respond to questions from clients, co-workers, and others in a timely manner.
- Proactively contribute to initiatives for the ongoing prevention and elimination of accidents and incidents in the workplace.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPEREINCE
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, often with tight deadlines.
- Solid math and analytical thinking abilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Administrator or a similar role would be an asset.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
In addition to offering a dynamic and inclusive work environment, we offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits. If you feel you could be a great fit to join our team, kindly forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the heading “Logistics Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
This job posting closes on Sunday September 10, 2023.
Individual accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marid Industries is a privately owned custom steel manufacturing business based in Windsor Junction, just outside of Metro Halifax and has just celebrated its 40th Anniversary! Marid is a full-service contractor unlike many companies in the structural steel business. Marid is a fabricator as well as a construction company with ample engineering capabilities.
Flexibility is a key Marid quality. No matter what the finished product-a simple utilitarian warehouses, a modern school, or a complex finished public space - the required skill sets are available with the Marid Industries organization.
We are committed to supporting and challenging our employees to be the most capable, competent and well trained in the industry. www.marid.ca
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor Junction, NS B2T 1G7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-10