If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Dining Room Server to join our Parkland at the Lakes team based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development, and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $14.60-$16.23
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching) or pension plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are visually appealing, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is warm, attentive and timely;
- Prepare and provide meal service to residents and guests according to established standards, procedures and guidelines and respecting the resident’s right to individualized services and observing special diet restrictions, resident preferences and outlined departmental procedures;
- Ensure dining room appearance meets established standards including table linens pressed and in place, tables set with appropriate place settings for meals, and wait stations tidy and containing appropriate supplies;
- Clear tables, load and safely operate dishwasher. Complete manual ware washing as required;
- Contribute to the team environment as a member of the Food and Beverage department, working towards departmental goals and priorities and providing ongoing feedback from residents and guests to the Food and Beverage Manager on meals and menu choices in order to be continually improving;
- Communicates with the supervisor if there is a noted change in the nutritional status of a resident (i.e. changes in appetite);
- Promote a safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal protective equipment, supporting others to work safely, and completing safety education.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- You have a high-school diploma or a GED.
- You have at least one year of experience with serving food.
- You can provide a clear criminal record check.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services, and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19