West Coast Reduction Ltd. – Nothing Left Behind*. Using innovative thinking, progressive processes, and modern facilities, WCRL’s seven plant locations across Western Canada recycle inedible food by-products to create finished products such as protein meals and oils which are then sold to customers worldwide. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Take a look at our About us video for more information https://vimeo.com/352792382 .
Based at our Vancouver plant location, we are hiring a permanent, full time Journeyperson Millwright. This role is responsible for the assembly, installation, alignment, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, dismantling, and movement of machinery and equipment. Troubleshooting may include diagnosing irregularities and malfunctions, adjustments, and repairing and replacing parts. Cleaning, adjusting, and lubricating machinery are also important maintenance tasks of the role.
This role will be on a 4x10 shift schedule.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions for the general repair of all machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, and maintain shop machinery and equipment
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery and equipment
- Maintain a clean, tidy work site which includes daily housekeeping of shop areas
- May be asked to safely operate forklift and hoisting devices when necessary
- Provide recommendations for improvements to equipment and processes
- Use wide variety of hand power tools, including mobile equipment, in a safe and efficient manner
- Mentor Apprentices through their professional development.
- Fabricate and weld various plant equipment and piping
- Perform shift work based on company business needs which evolve and change in response to customer demands
- Work overtime as instructed to ensure minimal downtime of facilities
- Adhere to the company Code of Conduct and all West Coast Reduction Ltd. policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Possession of a valid British Columbia Journeyperson Millwright Certificate or interprovincial Millwright Red Seal Certification
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an industrial environment or similar industry
- Previous experience and extensive knowledge of fabricating and welding steel, aluminium, and stainless steel an asset
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and exposure to animal by-products
INTERESTED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION VIA THE “APPLY NOW” LINK BELOW.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.