There have been moments in technology that have fundamentally changed and impacted how we interact with the world, businesses, and the people around us. Think about it—smart phones, social media, e-commerce, and the internet revolutionized civilization. We are at the frontier of another such moment now and invite you to take part in this next revolution.
ML56 is a venture-creation studio capitalizing on leading-edge technology innovations. Leveraging our unique network, we work with major enterprise companies to automate complex business processes using generative AI and large language models. We validate these solutions against the market to spin out / stand up new early-stage software companies to productize and bring these ideas to market while providing a strong seed funding round and operational support.
This is an opportunity to join our operating company to incubate and validate product ideas utilizing emerging AI technology, and leading the advancement into the start-up companies that we stand up. We seek a VP, Engineering to help build and lead a team of high-performing engineers with the tenacity, audacity, and technical know-how to turn POC solutions into production-ready enterprise-level MVP solutions fit for the market.
What’s in it for you:
- Emerging Technology. This is an opportunity to take your drive and determination to work in emerging technology and build something completely new, from the start. There’s no map, we pave the way.
- Foundational Team. We productize the solutions we build and spin-out software start-ups while providing seed funding and operational support. If you have ever wanted to work at the foundational level of getting a company off the ground, this is your chance with reduced risks and barriers to entry.
- Show Immediate Impact. Your work will be in the hands of customers within weeks.
- Ground-Breaking and Meaningful. We are at the start of an incredible journey. Come join us.
Our new VP, Engineering will:
- Productionize. Lead and oversee complex software deployments for enterprise-level customers. You have a track record of ensuring product stability, scalability, and reliability in mission-critical environments.
- Understand Enterprise-level Security Requirements. Create secure software solutions that comply with strict security and regulatory standards with familiarity in security standards such as SOC2 and GDPR. Collaborate with IT and security teams for seamless product integration.
- Build and Lead. Build and lead an engineering team to swiftly transform POC solutions into MVP production-ready enterprise solutions. Promote collaboration, innovation, and productivity while showcasing strong leadership skills to define clear vision, goals, and motivate team members to succeed.
- Manage. You will develop and manage the work processes to ensure your team delivers high-quality production code while prioritizing features in classic MVP fashion.
- Be the Liaison. You will be the go-to person for developing these MVP solutions as potential product candidates working with our customer-facing, prototyping, machine learning, and executive leadership teams to keep everyone in sync, unblock issues, and ensure we are constantly pushing forward.
- Mentor. Each person in our operating company (including you) has the opportunity to lead a product opportunity into a new software startup at the ground level. Help develop and mentor these future business and technical leaders.
So, how do we know you are our new VP, Engineering? You have:
- The Experience. You bring 7-10 years of hands-on leadership experience developing and shipping enterprise-level software solutions into production. You likely started as a developer and have moved into leading technical teams to expand your knowledge with the power of 10.
- Start-up DNA. You have worked in an early-stage, pre-product market-fit software company where you must make decisions to operate rapidly and with agility, while navigating high ambiguity, uncertainty, and evolving change. At the same time, the data available to make impactful decisions is equally low.
- The Education or Know-How. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field.
- The Technical Expertise. Must have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming languages, agile development methodology, development tools and common tech stacks. We are currently designing our technical foundation for this new and rapidly evolving technology. Come join us to influence these decisions. Here’s what we are exploring so it would be helpful if you brought some of this to the table:
Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.
Distributed ML & Orchestration: Ray
CI/CD Pipelines: GitHub Actions / GitLab Pipelines
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, etc.
Database: NoSQL, MongoDB, AWS S3, RDS, Postgres, Vector DBs
Logging: Redis, Fluentd, etc.
Experiment Tracking: MLFlow, Weights and Biases
Monitoring: AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, etc.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who can foster collaboration, build relationships and resolve conflicts quickly.
- Business Acumen. Experience in managing budgets, allocating resources and controlling cost within an engineering team while ensuring engineering efforts align with the organizations evolving strategic objectives and revenue goals.
- What else? You would have major technical influence if you have design pattern experience with micro services, API gateways and caching layers. Experience in privacy and security by design. And you’ve helped design, build and operate large, distributed cloud infrastructure at scale.
What can you expect when you work with ML56?
We work hard to succeed. Our team is welcoming, fun, inclusive, inspiring, and committed to mission success. A word of caution—We are not your typical early-stage software company. Expect a rate of change, ambiguity, and unprecedented challenges you’ve never seen before.
This is us:
- Challenging Work. What we are doing has never been done before. We are on the frontier of a major technology shift and are excited at the opportunity to make an impact.
- A Friendly and Collaborative Team. We are mission focused with a desire to succeed and will support each other in doing so.
- Health & Wellbeing Support. Full family health benefits from Day 1.
Experience vs. Credentials:
We want to know what motivates you. We don't believe that everyone follows the same career path. So, if you don't fit the qualifications exactly, talk to us anyway and tell us your story, not just your experience and credentials.
Just let us know. ML56 is committed to providing reasonable accommodations as required and will work with you to meet your needs.