At Capital BMR, we listen to your issues, develop technical solutions to help solve your problem and make sure the project gets completed on time and on budget while mitigating safety. We are Western Canada’s leading construction teams of Project Managers, Technical Experts and Problem Solvers. Capital BMR is your single-source provider of quality construction services.
At our core, we believe in committing to excellence, having integrity, being creative and innovative, working hard while being punctual, and being safe along the way.
Are you looking to grow with a company with over half a decade of unmatched quality, expertise, and support? Are you looking to explore Western Canada on a day to day basis? We want to hear from you!
Why Join Our Team?
- Competitive wages
- Health Spending Account
- Living out allowance
- Strong company culture & core values
- Education support to ensure success
- Opportunity for advancement
- Travel opportunities in Western Canada
- Work primarily indoors
- Company Vehicle or reimbursement of personal vehicle use
As a 4th year Electrical apprentice at Capital BMR, you will be responsible for assisting an electrician while learning how to perform the duties independently.
What you’ll do:
- Learning from the master electrician and completing all assigned duties.
- Identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting, and assisting with repairs of equipment and electrical faults.
- Traveling out to various public and private spaces to assist the master electrician.
- Interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Updating work logs, client accounts, and handling other administrative duties.
- Ordering replacement parts and equipment as needed.
- Completing electrical installations and carrying out various maintenance duties.
- Working irregular hours and overtime when required.
- Communicating with clients in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Collaborating with construction workers, plumbers, and other crew members.
What you’ll need:
- 2 years of commercial experience
- Must have basic tolls and equipment
- Must have experience with data and low voltage terminations
- Must be able to work in a condensed work week, evenings and weekends if required
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, run jobs and perform material take offs
- Be able to work unsupervised and in a team setting as well
- Experience in a technical role with a high level of customer interaction is preferred
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. Any second language an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Extended travel is required. These trips will include living out allowance. Company vehicle and gas card are supplied by Capital BMR
Learn more about us at capitalbmr.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$38.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you based in Edmonton or willing to relocate?
- What is your wage expectation?
- electrical: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road