As an energy service company, Noralta Technologies provides a combination of patented technology and service that supports oil and gas producers in Western Canada. We aim to fully understand the goals and obstacles our clients face, and continually innovate ways to help them improve their performance. In this way, we envision becoming outstanding partners to our clients, constantly evolving new technologies and services, and sharing in their successes.
Why work here
Surrounded by co-workers who are engaged in the community, our employees take pride in the work that they do and the company that they work for. The Burner Foreman will join an established team field service technicians who are respected for dedication and loyalty.
With a 28-year successful history, the company has grown up in Alberta. Noralta strives to create an atmosphere and culture that embraces work/life balance, an understanding of what our employees require to be successful and where hard work and commitment is rewarded with advancement opportunities.
What our work looks like
This position is for the Lloydminster region. The Burner Foreman position will report to and work with the Area Manager to supervise and manage burner and combustion work as well as train and mentor new and existing gas fitters and burner technicians. Your exposure to oil and gas field facilities in a previous role will make you a strong candidate for this role.
- Install burner systems on oilfield tanks, treaters, dehy units, and line heaters.
- Perform burner preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and service work.
- Grain dryer heater service work
- Complete required regulatory paperwork and ensure it is up to date.
- Work with the Regulators and Authorities having jurisdiction over the trade.
- Follow all codes and trade regulations.
- Attend and contribute to safety meetings.
- Hold a valid gas fitters certificate
- 5-10yrs of oilfield burner and combustion experience within the Energy Industry as a Burner Technician or with an energy service company would also be an asset.
- Self managed, self motivated
- High mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Computer skills including excel/word/SAP
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of B149.3 gas codes
- Energetic, detail-oriented and safety minded.
- Ability to work in sometimes challenging weather conditions.
- Candidates residing in the Lloydminster area are preferred.
- Proud of the work that you do
- Go the extra mile to finish what you start.
- Openly share your ideas
- Able to mentor junior staff
- Clear respect and support for the complimentary trades.
- Ability to see around the corner – taking a safe approach in everything that you do.
- Comprehensive company benefit plan
- Company truck (personal use allowance)
- Tool Allowance
For your safety and the safety of everyone around you, the following with be required:
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license and a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing
- Red seal qualification documentation
- Two professional references
· We thank all applicants for their interest in Noralta, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contracted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-02-01
Expected start date: 2023-02-01