Chelsea Avondale is the world's most cutting-edge home insurance group. We have developed the most sophisticated risk modelling and platform technologies for home insurance and deploy that technology through our own insurance company.
Our team consists of some of the brightest minds in scientific risk modelling, systems engineering, and insurance. Our operations include our scientific research & engineering division (Skynet Software) and Canadian property & casualty insurance company (Max Insurance).
Together, our group is working to transform the Canadian and global insurance landscape.
This role will be joining the cornerstone of our organization - our engineering division, Skynet Software.
What you'll do in this role:
- Influence the design and deployment of world class, standalone insurance software creating unparalleled customer / user experiences
- Own end to end availability, reliability and performance of mission critical services
- Build scalable, secure architectures for our insurance platform – this will represent the global interface for the core systems of insurance companies, representing approximately 20,000 daily active users.
- Develop high performing data streams and APIs guaranteeing fast and accurate delivery
- Analyze and debug server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product performance to improve user experience
- Work throughout the full infrastructure including design, architecture, capacity planning, monitoring, alerting, security, scaling, failover, and recovery
Must have experience and skills for this role:
- Strong programming skills in Python; experience with Flask is a plus
- University or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience required
- Solid understanding of cloud computing design and development principles
- Familiar with microservices architectures and how to build a decoupled system
- Hands-on experience with building, deploying and monitoring services on public cloud, preferably AWS, but also Azure or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of Linux (command line tools, performance tuning, etc.)
- Experience setting up and calling APIs and Webhooks; some familiarity with databases (MongoDB)
Chelsea Avondale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.