JCK Engineering is a structural engineering consulting company that has been in business for nearly 30 years. We provide our services to architects, developers, provincial and federal agencies, property managers, and private agencies.
JCK Engineering strives to support its employees in their professional development, providing great opportunities for career growth. With four offices spread over Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and Vancouver, JCK still maintains a small, personal environment amongst its employees and a good work life balance. We care for the people we work with, and are committed and connected to the communities that we operate in. We strive to maintain a culture that values integrity, dependability, excellence, and knowledge.
JCK Engineering currently is seeking a full-time Intermediate Level Structural Engineer to work in our Winnipeg Office location. Depending on the level of experience the successful candidate brings to the position, typical duties will include the following responsibilities to varying degrees, with collaboration and review from senior personnel.
- Structural engineering analysis and design.
- Structural condition assessments and general site visits.
- Preparation of structural engineering reports, specifications, and tender documents.
- Contract administration and field services during construction.
- Project management.
- Proposal preparation.
- Business development and client liaison.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with credits in structural engineering courses (e.g. concrete, steel, masonry, timber, or structural analysis).
- A strong understanding of structural engineering design principles that have been demonstrated through their work experience.
- Experience in applying the National Building Code of Canada to the design of building structures.
- Experience with engineering design of concrete, steel, masonry and timber structures.
- Excellent communication skills that enable them to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
- A positive attitude with a constant desire to learn.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities that will enable them to assist JCK Engineering in developing more business in the Province of Manitoba.
- Competitive compensation and potential for annual bonuses + raises
- 3 weeks vacation
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Employee fitness/wellness allowance
- Life Insurance
- RRSP matching contribution
- Opportunities for professional development
- On-site parking
Salary will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: Intermediate Structural Engineer Application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person