Our Inpatient Unit Opportunity
Imagine a supportive employer, a career that allows you to follow your passion and the endless learning opportunities you will receive. To do what you're good at and be a part of something extraordinary.
At West Haldimand General, you can experience all of that and more. We are currently looking for full-time, part-time and Temporary Full-Time Registered Nurses to join our Inpatient team and gain valuable health care experience for your future.
Our Inpatient Unit, has 23 beds and provides care for adult medical/surgical patients. Patients with a wide variety of clinical conditions are treated, including those who are recovering from surgeries, those hospitalized for acute conditions, and others who may be in the final stages of a progressive and chronic disease.
WHGH’s Medical team includes Nurses, Family Physicians, Pharmacists, Dietitian, Physiotherapists,
Physiotherapy Assistants, Ward Clerks, and Volunteers.
WHGH is just a short 30 minute drive away from Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. Come join our friendly and experienced team today!
1. Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current B.C.L.S. (Basic Cardiac Life Support)
3. Current A.C.L.S. (Advance Cardiac Life Support) or willing to obtain
4. Current knowledge and recent experience in an I.C.U./C.C.U. is an asset. We welcome new nursing graduates and can assist you to learn nursing skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families and other members of the health care team in an effective, professional, safe, positive caring manner.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
7. Effective communicator with strong, interpersonal skills and problem solving.
8. Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
9. Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a WHGH Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Salary: $34.24-$49.02 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-12
Expected start date: 2023-06-12