Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated in delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fill the role of Database Administrator - Senior on our dynamic team for our client.
Creates physical database designs and operates and administers the database management system (DBMS) including database optimization, capacity planning, installation and migration, database design, performance tuning, backup and recovery
- Experience with one or more operating systems
- Experience with one or more database technologies Experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages and proficiency with query languages Experience in monitoring and enforcing database rules
- Experience in Incident, Change and Configuration Management procedures
- Experience with one or more communications protocols
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Experience with distributed data systems
- Experience with middleware and gateways
- Experience with researching and implementing cyber security vulnerability remediations Awareness of emerging IT trends and directions
- Experience with Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices Experience in Database Administration, Maintenance Optimization
- Additional Responsibilities/Skills for Data Warehouse including Oracle OBIEE Subject matter expert in database design of the data warehouse or data marts.
- Experience and expert knowledge in technology and/or application required including installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade (technology stack) and cloning Additional Skills for Case Management and ERP Experience in designing/developing an automated data distribution mechanism
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques. Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models) based Knowledge and understanding of Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture processes and practice Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Experience in impact analysis, implementation planning and implementation of technology or suite specific patches, maintenance packs and releases, and technology stack patch sets and releases
- Experience in technical design, planning and implementation of specific technology or suite Experience with database administration and vendor support services
1. Oracle DBA (7+ yrs of exp required) and understand SQL and have experience with Windows Server and Red Hat.
2. Creates database designs, operates and administers the Oracle database and MS SQL server solution, including:
- Maintaining Oracle and MS SQL servers and backups
- Provisioning of databases
- Securing data and access to the Oracle and MS SQL Servers and databases
- Tuning, capacity management and monitoring of the databases
- Write database scripts and create tables, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Maintain documentation for operations
- DR support, restoration and configuration of DR SQL servers and DBs
- Experience with Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: $60.00-$70.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oshawa, ON L1H 1A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Database administration: 10 years (preferred)
- Oracle DBA: 7 years (required)
- Windows Server and Red Hat Linux: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oshawa, ON L1H 1A1