Vancity is the largest private sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,600 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards & benefits, all while knowing you are a part of a greater movement.
As an Account Manager II you will demonstrate excellence in customer service through solid communication and interpersonal skills, as you engage face-to-face with our membership. By demonstrating your subject matter expertise in the financial industry you will build trust with our members and be able to ask exploratory questions to determine their goals, current and future needs. By working collaboratively with our members you will provide best advice and create plans to help them achieve their financial goals.
As a result of your work Vancity will have more members with a high level of loyalty doing more of their business with Vancity helping us redefine wealth consistent with branch objectives.
This is a full-time, Permanent role located at Chilliwack Community Branch (Br 31) and reports directly to the Assistant Branch Manager.
A typical day would involve:
- Providing comprehensive, financial and relationship based advice in order to grow and maintain assigned and unassigned members' portfolios.
- Identifying and assessing member/prospect needs to provide appropriate products and services which include signature lending, secured lending, mortgages, term deposits and the like.
- Recognizing and making appropriate referrals to Vancity Specialized Teams such as Sustainable Wealth Management, Wealth Protection, Business Banking and others, to deliver comprehensive support to our members.
- Meeting targets as defined by objectives that will contribute to profitability for the branch and Vancity.
- Applying branch service standards, policies, procedures and controls to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk
- Resourceful– You understand and utilize the network of resources available to you and can independently formulate appropriate solutions for your members
- Tech-savvy – People often say you’re a quick learner and great with technology & systems
- A strong relationship builder– You find it easy to get to know others and build trust
- Ready for a challenge – You have a positive attitude and are able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- A High school diploma- At a minimum, you have graduated high school and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years in the AM I role
- Completion of Financial Planning Coursework- You have taken Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning or Financial Planning 1 and two additional courses in a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) core curriculum program.
- Completed Investments coursework - You have taken Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) or Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
- Financial Industry Experience- 3 years of year of member service experience in the financial industry
- Banking and/or call center experience would be an asset
- Lending experience
We value lived experience, so if you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if you feel your skills don't perfectly align with those listed.
Hourly Range: $34.40 to $44.40
Posting Deadline: Please apply by 4:00 PM PT, September 18 2023
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada
- Our permanent employees qualify for attractive benefit packages that can be customized and changed each year to meet their evolving needs
- New employees receive between three and four weeks of vacation allowance per calendar year, and the number of vacation days grows — to a maximum of six weeks per year — as their length of service increases.
- In addition to the 10 statutory holidays in British Columbia, Vancity provides an additional three statutory holidays. We offer care days for periods of short-term personal illness or emergency family illness, plus opportunities to take unpaid leave for a variety of reasons.
At Vancity we’re dedicated to being an inclusive, anti-racist organization with a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We value lived experience, so if you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if you feel your skills don't perfectly align with those listed.
Vancity is an inclusive and equitable employer and actively seeks to advance racial equity, inclusion and belonging across the organization. Vancity offers required accommodations in all stages of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please advise us, and we will work with you to meet your needs
As part of this commitment we are taking action to learn more about our applicants and ask that you complete a short and anonymous Diversity Survey that will influence the design and execution of Vancity’s overall DEI initiatives and programs, one of which aims to advance our commitment to become a financial force for change and build a fair world. Please click this hyperlink to complete the Diversity Survey. Your responses are collected anonymously and will never be linked to your job application.
Please note that all shortlisted candidates for this role will be required to complete a background check which includes resume verification, credit check, criminal record check.