Data Engineer Intern/Co-op - No Pay
Location: Suite 400, Plaza 3, 2000 Argentia Rd., Mississauga, ON, L5N 1V9
NextHR Inc is looking for a Data Engineer Intern/Co-op student to join our team in the Mississauga, ON area. This position is a key member of our team, responsible for supporting our clients’ data needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analysis and machine learning, and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
A Data Engineer Intern/Co-op’s duty may change depending on the area. A few examples of them would include, but are not limited to:
- Use the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMLC) to perform particular development activities for projects.
- Ensure defect-free programming by testing and debugging with available/appropriate tools and participating in peer coding reviews.
- Develop Code in ETL tools, for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Designs and constructs operational data stores (generic DW), data lakes (raw data), and data marts (dimensions around types of data).
- Designs key and indexing schemes and designs partitioning.
- Perform unit and system integration tests Document system deployment plans for system implementation and code deployment
- Perform root-cause analysis and resolution of application defects.
- Currently enrolled in a relevant technical program, such as Computer Science, Data Analytics, Big Data Analytics and so on.
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Java, Scala, Python, Pyspark, NoSQL, or SQL
- Practical experience/knowledge of data production, data masking, data subletting, , data virtualization, project management, management reporting, data modelling, and/or database development
- Practical Experience / Knowledge on Business Intelligence tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik sense, SSRS, and Crystal reports
- Practical Experience / Knowledge on experience in a Data Warehouse (DWH) environment with data integration/ETL of large and complex data sets
- Familiarity with source code management such as GIT
- Familiarity with repository such as GitHub, Bitbuckets
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Experience on Agile Methodology
- Familiarity with RDBMS, Big data
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing, ETL, ELT concepts
- Familiarity with Pandas, Numpy Scikit-learn, Matplotlb, Ruby, Linux
- Familiarity with Cloud technology (Azure, AWS, GCP)
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
Early Talent Requirements
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence on September & ends on December 2023.
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5N 1P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L5N 1P7