If you are looking for a career and not just a job we’d like to meet you. The Venture Steel family is growing and we an immediate opening for a General Labourer. This important entry level role will appeal to those who have manufacturing experience, or interest in this area and are ready to take their career to the next level. If you are comfortable around machinery, working safely as part of a dynamic team, and you’re ready to move beyond just taking that ‘next job’ then we need to talk!
Hours of Work:
- We cross train and develop our career minded employees, helping them to reach their full potential
- Job security? - Until Covid-19 we had not had a layoff or work shortage since we took over 11 years ago
10:30pm - 6:30am, Sunday - Thursday
Starting Hourly Rate:
$21.50 plus .65 cents/hour, 40 hours per week
Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Band Steel as part of our packaging department using air tools
- Build Skids
- Fast paced, involving continual body activity (no need to go to the gym, but we have one of those too), lifting items weighing up to 25-50 lbs.
- Utilize machine operated equipment and standard moving tools
- Follow safe ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ accepting coaching from more experienced teammates and taking direction from Supervisors
- Clean work areas
- Other duties as required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- 2+ years industrial experience is preferred but we’re willing to train
- Punctual, Dependable, and Reliable, did we mention regular attendance is important and expected
- Experience with machinery, hand tools, and lifting devices
- Steel industry experience would be a definite asset!
- Overhead crane and counterbalance forklift experience are also key assets
- Education: high school or equivalent
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Company Matching GRSP Contribution Plan
At Venture Steel Inc. we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Venture Steel Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process if required due to disability. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.