Food Service Aide
Good Samaritan Lee Crest
989 1st Street East, Cardston, AB
(80km south of Lethbridge)
The world could use more good samaritans. If you are interested in a diverse and rewarding career within a dynamic organization, then choose a career where people matter; where you are valued, appreciated for your hard work, and supported. Join a team that empowers you to live up to your potential so that you can feel part of something bigger and make a difference in the lives of others.
Employment Type: Casual 0 FTE Hours of Work: Various
Wages: $15.90 - $19.85
You will be responsible for general food preparation and delivery, service, cleaning kitchen and dietary areas and other duties as required. Moderate amounts of time spent lifting.
You have experience and competence in institutional dietary duties, food preparation and food service. Food Safe level one certificate is required. (post July 29, 2013) or equivalent for BC employees and Food Safety Basic or equivalent for Alberta employees.You are a strong communicator who is able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English. GED or grade 10 required. You are able to maintain good interpersonal relationships. Experience working with the elderly and the disabled preferred.
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee recognition events
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace at all levels of the organization, as well as in the delivery of our services. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, and people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.90-$19.85 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cardston, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dietary aide: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-29