Job Title: Head Custodian (Facility Manager)
Job Status: Full Time Permanent (8 hours per day / 7am-3:30pm / Monday to Friday)
Location: Garden Valley Collegiate
Start Date: ASAP
Posting #: 03-HC-23
Would you like to work in a comfortable environment in a positive atmosphere? Do you enjoy leading a team and doing a wide variety of tasks? This role may be for you! We are looking for a Head Custodian to manage all things facility related at Garden Valley Collegiate.
Under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor, and working alongside the Principal, you would provide a safe, clean and well-maintained facility and grounds for the students and staff of GVC. You would lead a team of one Senior Custodian, two Junior Custodians and two Custodial Aides and be part of maintaining a positive culture. If you’re interested in being that person, we’d love to hear from you.
Below are Qualifications, Skills & Experience that we are seeking:
- A positive attitude and willingness to serve
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- 5th Class power engineering certificate an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous supervisory experience would be an asset but is not required.
- Building management or custodial experience an asset.
- Mechanical ability and comprehension an asset
- Problem Solving Skills
- Access to a vehicle is required.
- Ability to relate to the school community and community value base.
Garden Valley Collegiate is a grades 9-12 high school that is located on Main Street in the city of Winkler. We have an estimated student population of 656 for the 2023/2024 school year, a teaching staff of almost 50 and a support staff of 25. GVC is a thriving high school learning community that offers a variety of programs in academics, fine arts, athletics and technology.
Salary and Benefits:
The compensation package for this position is in accordance with the GVSD Policy. Class 8 Position - $23.04 - $26.52
GVSD Employee benefit package includes:
- Employer matched pension plan
- Employer paid annual vacation leave.
- Employer paid compassionate leave, personal leave, family leave, sick leave, and long-term disability leave.
- Extended Health & Dental coverage
- Life insurance available to 500% of earnings
You are invited to complete and submit a Resume. All resumes are to specify posting number(s) for which your application is to be considered. While we prefer to accept applications electronically, you may also submit an application by fax, by regular mail, or in person to:
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Note: Interviews are tentatively scheduled to take place by the middle of September for those applicants shortlisted on this employment opportunity.
Closing Date: Open until Filled.