Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Internal auditing on our BRC and Prerequisite programs (FSEP/ SFCR PCP).
- Examine documentation, programs, and interview employees conducting the functions during the auditing process.
- Ensure the compliance of the programs.
- Review any noncompliance found with QA and the Compliance Manager and record on the internal audit report/ prerequisite.
- Assist in developing/ revising manuals, SOP’s, and miscellaneous documents.
- During these functions it is necessary for the internal auditor to spend time on the floor in all areas to gather a strong understanding of the processes of the plant.
Other opportunities for additional learning and duties maybe available depending on changes in personal and plant changes. Example: QA relief / data inventory recording / internal validation studies /participation in preparation for third party audits/ participation in traceability exercises as required/participation in root cause analysis/ corrective actions reports and preventative measures and or assisting operators with daily production etc.
Requirements and Skills:
- Internal Audit Training with certificate
- Knowledge and experience of BRC, Peanut-free, Gluten Free compliance for GFCO
- More than one years' related experience in food manufacturing and internal auditing.
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- The ability to interpret clauses to the fullest understanding of the scope of the program.
- Food Quality Assurance education and experience is an asset.
*Would be good for a retired person just looking for a little bit of work.
*Hourly pay will be varied based on experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 8 – 10 per week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Food manufacturing: 1 year (required)
- Safe Quality Food Certification (required)
Work Location: In person