Thank you for your interest in the Manager of League Operations (MLO) position. To view the job details below, select a grey title bar - this will allow you to expand or collapse each section.
Do you want to work in a fun, sport-obsessed, fast-paced environment?
Do you enjoy wearing a ball-cap and jersey to work?
Then the ESSC is the place for you!
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Development at ESSC, the Manager of Operations will shape our organization’s league operations and procedures, which will enable the execution of our seasonal league offerings. This role is key to supporting the achievement of our organizational goals and ensuring we offer the best Adult Recreational Sports leagues across Alberta.
Applicants must possess the 3 following traits:
The ESSC are hiring 2 new MLOs during this recruiting cycle. Each position will have slightly different responsibilities but many will be similar.
We are hiring for 2 Manager of League Operations positions: 1 Facility Manager of League Operations (FMLO) and 1 Office Manager of League Operations (OMLO).
Facility Management (FMLO):
- Create, manage, and maintain strong relationships with all facility partners
- Manage all facility bookings, negotiate rates, and oversee facility payments
- Resolve Facility complaints, issues, and cancelations in a timely manner
- Research, scout, and acquire new facilities for the ESSC portfolio
- Oversee communication and bookings with the City of Edmonton
- Lead the day-to-day operations of facilities owned by ESSC
- Track Accounts Payable for all required facilities
Office Management (OMLO):
- Work closely with administrative team to manage registrations, scores, standings, and customer inquiries
- Oversee schedule building process
- Manage registration launch process
- Demonstrate 'role model' customer service for all office staff
- Oversee the management and maintenance of physical office location
- Manage office improvements, phone systems, IT, and system upgrades
- Plan and execute all league requirements, including: Season Durations, Pricing, Offerings, Equipment
- Assist the Director to develop new league offerings
- Collaborate with the entire Operations and Marketing teams on league improvements, as well as updating policies and procedures
- Conduct competitor analysis and price positioning in order to optimize pricing vs competition.
- Support the enhancement of customer experience through survey analysis
- Manage budgets of multiple departments under your umbrella
- Assist in management of Field Maintenance, Coordinators, Sportsmanship, and Statistical Realignment
- Manage a full-time team. 3 Staff for FMLO position, and 4 staff for OMLO position.
- Lead weekly Goal Meetings with team to ensure programs are well-managed
- Work with Upper-Management team to maintain strong, positive office culture
- Assist in skill development of Operations team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Business Administration role or Leadership position
- Comfort working independently in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Operations management, problem solving, and analysis skills, with excellent business acumen
- A preference to be a leader
- $63,000 Base Salary
- $2,000 in Available Bonuses
- Annual Raises
- Comprehensive Group Health Benefits Package w/ Greenshield
- Annual Wellness/Health Spending Account
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- 4 Flex Fridays & Birthday Off
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Unlimited Free Play in Sport & Social Club Leagues and Tournaments
- Edmonton Oiler Season Tickets
- Professional Development Training
- Casual Dress Code
- Company/Team Bonding Events
- Free Parking
- Internal Career Progression/Mobility Opportunities
The Edmonton Sport & Social Club was founded in 2004 based on a rising need: adult Edmontonians love to play sports and have fun! The goal of the ESSC is to encourage as many people as possible to ‘get in the game’. Whether players have no skill, or a lot of skill, as long as they want to join in the ‘fun-first, winning-second’ mentality, they will fit right in! With a large variety of leagues, tournaments and events throughout the year, the ESSC offers something for everyone.
- All applicants must complete the online pre-interview form. Please attach your resume and cover letter when prompted.
- Please direct cover letter to Mr Jon Diment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 per year