Lafarge is recruiting Journeyman Millwrights to maintain, improve, and optimize the mechanical operations for our Cement Plant located in Richmond, BC. This is a permanent, full-time, hourly opportunity.
The primary responsibilities of the Millwright are: keeping all plant production and service equipment in reliable operating condition and maintenance of equipment on the Plant. Millwrights at the Richmond Cement Plant perform planned and break down maintenance on a variety of large industrial equipment (including but not limited to):
- Large roller supported Rotary Cement Kilns
- Ball mills
- Large gearsets
- Impact crusher, Nordberg and Clemro Jaw Crusher
- Fans , Blowers, wet and dry screw compressors, Sliding vane compressors.
- Belt conveyors, bucket elevators, pneumatic conveyors, air gravity conveyors, drag conveyors, screw conveyors.
- Service and repair gearboxes, clutches, pumps, and vibrating screens.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and efficient fashion. The safety of the individual, coworkers, customers, and the general public is the primary requirement of any and all tasks undertaken.
- Proactively addresses breakdown events with a sense of urgency without compromising safety or product quality requirements.
- Actively inspects and monitors all mechanical equipment to ensure the majority of tasks performed are preventative rather than breakdown maintenance.
- Constantly in pursuit of building and maintaining a “best possible” group of facilities.
Teamwork and Communication:
- Works both individually and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Regularly communicates with operational and delivery coworkers and managers to identify and remove constraints of a mechanical or process nature.
- Keeps managers informed and takes responsibility for actions and decisions, both good and bad.
- Comply and assist all co-workers with all Health & Safety Requirements, and Environmental Practices established by Lafarge Canada Inc.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn where and when required.
- Ensure a safe clean work environment for all employees.
- Ensure compliance to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Complete efficient, reliable and safe mechanical repairs on all stationary & mobile equipment throughout the quarry.
- Perform tasks including installing, maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Valid Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a heavy/mining/quarry environment.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Preference to dual ticketed
Experience and Skill Set:
- Communicates effectively by expressing thoughts clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Work safely while recognizing the need for doing thorough and complete work within the confines of a schedule.
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Demonstrates initiative; while working independently or within a team.
- A strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Results driven and self motivated.
- Minimum two (2) years heavy manufacturing/mining experience.
- A commitment to working safely
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter: Capacity to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work in various work environments (hot and cold).
- Reliable and dependable
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- millwright: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person